Weird re: Fox News HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by perilous, Oct 24, 2008.

1. perilous

perilous Legend

Sep 4, 2006
    Have Season Passes for O'Reilly Factor on my HD DVR -- although FNC HD went live a few days ago, the recordings are only in SD 480i. What is weird is that on my guide, the only channel I see is FNCHD without the record symbol, plus if I click it, I see the HD version of the show "live" (with the windows, headline sidebars, etc.); however, in my list, it is recording the SD version and I can play the SD version only!!!! The SD version of the channel is not in my guides anywhere (Channels I Get, ALL Channels, etc.) -- how strange is that???

Any ideas???

One thing I am considering is deleting the old Season Pass and then recreating one from the guide with the HD channel; are there SD channels "hidden" from us that are transmitted but we cannot "see", but the DVR can record them anyway????

2. lmuehl

lmuehl Legend

Dec 18, 2007
    Yes The SD channels are still there. There is an option in the menu (Menu-->Setup-->System setup -->Display) to hide or show SD duplicates so you will have to change your Season pass to the new HD channel.

3. perilous

perilous Legend

Sep 4, 2006
    Perfect!! Thanks....