1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WEIRD???

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by CG789, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CG789

CG789 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    I was browsing around through the channels and got up to the PPV and when i gotto vanilla sky i was able 2 watch it but at the bottom for a sec it said do you wish to puchace this? I said NO!! But it exited out to the movie?! Weird? Hopefully I dont get charged!!

2. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Thats normal, E* shows the first 7 minutes of every PPV movie for free.

3. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Thats called the 5 minute free preview, you can watch the first 5 min of some of the PPV's movies.

No you won't get charged. :)

4. abospaum

abospaum AllStar

Jul 11, 2002
    I had a big fight with Dish over this about three years ago. My wife was changing channels and pushed the wrong number and ended up on a PPV screen. She said that she hit cancel and never even watched the moving but it ended up on our bill.

Dish didn't want to give us a refund because they said that it was impossible for this to happen and that you have to accept a movie twice to order it. All I know is that it happened.

They claimed that they are not allowed to give refunds on PPV's no matter what ther circumstance is. Eventually after complaining with a letter to Charlie we did get the $4 off our bill the next month.

5. RJS1111111

RJS1111111 Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    The best way to prevent this is to lock your system
    with a passcode. It's a major pain, but effective.
    I *know* the default is "Yes" when they ask you
    whether you want to purchase the PPV. Just hitting
    the OK button confirms the purchase. I have managed
    never to puchase a PPV, though. Call me cheap. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.