DBSTalk Forum banner

Weirdest buffer thing I've ever seen. Seriously.

567 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  shmengie 
#1 ·
So, last night, I was watching CNHDW (Ch 297). I was pooped and went to bed around 10:30ish, turning everything, including my HR22-100, off.

I just turned everything on, and...WTH? Last nights buffer is still there! I am watching The Cleveland show, in buffer, from 10:30pm LAST NIGHT! I double-checked and I did not record these and I am not watching a recording. I am watch a live buffer from 10 hours ago!

I don't really have a question. Just thought I'd share. If I had a question, I guess it'd be: Anyone else ever see this impossible behavior?

Y'all have a good one!

#2 ·
This used to happen with the old TiVos, when put into standby, whatever was in the buffer would stay there, but you couldn't retrieve anything that occurred during the standby time.

So I'm curious if all of the hours of standby would still be there in your case. Can you still catch up to "real time" and not miss anything, or is there a gap from the standby time?

#4 ·
Yeah right, sorry, NOT HD. Just used to saying HD.

So, no, I could not get past the buffer; I had to finally change channels to clear whatever the hell that was.

As for standby, I did not see the "Standby" message I normally see if, in fact, coming out of standby, so I don't think it was that. Could be. I don't know. I don't know nothin', no how.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.