Welcome/Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - iPhone App (private)' started by Greg Alsobrook, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Please use this thread for all "hellos" and anticipation of the app. Thanks!

We will start with a very small trusted group, and more users will be added once that app becomes more stable.

2. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    So who's all here?

Thanks to the team for an invite to another trial. This one sounds really interesting and it should be interesting to see how it works on the iPhone 4's new display.

3. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    Woot! Bye bye slingbox!

4. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude! Dude!

5. Canis Lupus

Oct 16, 2006
    Man if DirecTV can deliver on this, I promise I'll be using it! :)

6. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    I can't believe this news!! Hopefully a super app to watch recordings on our new iPhone 4s!! Bring it on! (sorry Stuart!)

7. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    This is great... wonder how much I can get for the Slingbox on eBay!!

Oh, Yeah, I'm here!

8. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    So... how is this going to affect you guys that don't have the unlimited data plan? Are most of you grandfathered?

I know that when I use the slingbox I run up a bunch of data time. I was close to 4 Gig on the last billing cycle.

9. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Sweet!! Thanks guys. :)

I'm kinda wishing I kept unlimited... :(

10. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I kept it. I need to start tracking how much I actually use though to see if I can drop my price. I have Enterprise and am paying $45 a month for it.

11. Canis Lupus

Oct 16, 2006
    I'm unlimited. Wonder what engine they'll try to use. Build it off SuperCast?

12. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Supercast would be OK. I just hope that the interface is better than what the Slingbox gives me on the iPhone. I just don't like the Dpad, since it really tends to block stuff on the screen that I need to see to make my decisions.

Also, hope that's its faster than the Slingbox interface. Sometime it just seems like forever until I get the screen or channel change.

Regardless, I can't wait to test it.

13. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Greg... do you know if it's going to be tied to a single machine or will it access all the receivers on our setups individually.

RIght now, MRV is the best way to go with the slingbox, but I suspect if this app lets us access the different boxes, using it will be a lot faster than what i get with the Sling App.

14. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    You know.... as I was browsing forums, and I think we all realize this, we really need to keep the discussion about this here, and only here. A reference to this app will make the droid boys go crazy over at C3. They'll be doing this --> :hair:

15. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    This is the one I have been looking forward to the most. SO glad I have the unlimited plan.

Good to see the usual suspects here!

I am out and about over the next couple weeks and look forward to trying this over various networks between CA and Idaho.

Am I understanding this correctly? Will this stream over 3G (as well as wifi)?

16. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    (sorry, I should have read all the forums before posting my last sentence above).

Just very excited about this one.

17. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Howdy. :)

18. BudShark

BudShark New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Hiya... definitely glad I kept unlimited. :)

19. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I am so excited to finally be able to talk about this product to you. It's something I've known about but couldn't disclose until now.

20. Canis Lupus

Oct 16, 2006
    Well hey look at you Mister Fancy Pants!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.