1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We've upgraded your DIRECTV account experience

Discussion in 'The OT' started by jimmie57, Oct 23, 2018.

1. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Help, I can't find my upgraded experience.

I got an email today with the title of my thread as the title of the email.
    Told me to click on the link and login to my account.
    Showed me what a bill was going to look like.
    It showed my new account number,
    then how many $$$ my last bill was and how many $$$ I paid and what the new bill is in $$$.
    NO DETAILS AT ALL !
    Very poor transition.

2. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hope it wasn’t a fishing scam.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I thought of that quite a bit before clicking on the link.
    It took me directly to the AT&T Login for my user name / email and password.
    It did not ask for any other information and it just showed info about Auto Bill Pay, paperless billing, sample bill, etc.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    So, Jimmie, how much better do you feel after your "upgraded" DirecTV experience?

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Very disappointed. No excuse for a bill to be a blank piece of paper with $Amount owed on it.

6. Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    I didn't click on the link in the email I got. I went directly to the DirecTV website, tried to login and got all that AT&T crap. So I just closed the browser.

I rid myself of AT&T years ago, guess it's time to do it again. Sad really, DirecTV provided a needed service when there was nothing else. They used to boast about being better than cable, but now are just as bad, if not worse.

Changing my Account # is pretty lame as well.

directv.png

I do not accept their Terms and Policies, so I guess I just won't be able to login to my account anymore. Where is the option to continue without accepting :)

7. mrinker

mrinker Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Colorado
    I received this email yesterday as well. Now I cant access anything because it tells me the migration has an error and to call customer service. When I do that, I get told to wait 48 hours and try logging in again. Why send me an email if its not yet working. I cannot log in to my directv.com account anymore either, it tells me to go to the att.com site which doesnt work. What a mess.

8. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Haven't tried logging in for a number of months. After reading here and other threads, almost afraid to.

Only reason I'm responding here is that our latest paper bill contains a statement about being automatically enrolled in paperless billing. Yipes!!

All I can say is if there's no paper bill, then there'll be no Delroy as a customer!

9. Eva

Eva Member

Nov 8, 2013
    One of my relatives is on DTV and said the new system is a joke.

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The best jokes are funny. The only way I see the new system as funny would be in a sadistic sense - as in "ha ha, look at the crap you have to put up with". I don't like sick humor.

11. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Just read this on the Stock report for AT&T.

AT&T also lost 359,000 satellite television subscribers, versus 251,000 subscriber losses in the prior-year quarter, as viewers continue to cut pricey TV packages in favor of cheaper streaming video services like Netflix and Hulu.

That is 1.4 million in a year. Wow !

12. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I got into this a week or so ago. They had me so screwed up I couldn't get into the D* site at all. I have had my account transitioned and that seems to mean I have to do everything thru the ATT site. But, I was happy when I got that email. I had been in some kind of weird loop, every time I tried to get into the site I was redirected to the ATT site where nothing worked. I went to the ATT site and able to make some sense of it. I even got redirected to the D* site and got into that using the ATT sign in info. All this is new and it seems like they're just working the kinks out. Gotta have patience with new things. So far, I have nothing bad to say about ATT. I've had phone conversations with the folks at ATT Retention and cannot complain about those CSRs. They did everything I asked them to do quickly. No BS like, "lets do a reboot". Just did what I asked.

Rich

13. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Kinda doubt that's caused by anything but folks getting smarter about what they're paying for. Lots of money to be saved by cutting the cord. Money drives everything.

Rich

14. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Count me as one!..Canceled last month....As they signed me up for NHL for the year....Every year I cancel, but they sign me up.....Im done, they suck, and they dont care to change.....A shame as they have a good product and everything else is just poor!

15. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    359k satellite subscriber loss, but 13k UVerse subscriber gain and 49K DIRECTV NOW gain.
    (Alert the people who said AT&T|DIRECTV was forcing people off of UVerse that UVerse had a subscriber gain.)
    Last year UVerse posted a 134k subscriber loss and DIRECTV now had a 296k subscriber gain.
    The net loss of 297k subscribers this quarter compared to losing 89k in same quarter 2017 is a problem.

DIRECTV still has 25 million "subscribers" ... but 1.8 million are DIRECTV NOW and 3.6 million are UVerse.

16. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    One of my accounts has been transitioned to AT&T and the other is still at DTV. I got my October bill for the AT&T one and the new bill email is crap. It basically says you have a new bill from AT&T. Then it gives you the last few digits of the account number, the bill amount and the due date. No other details info like you used to have on the old DTV bills. In order to see that, you have to click on a view my bill link, login to your account on teh AT&T site and even then, the info is pretty sparse. There's also no way to configure your account to send you a pdf of the bill as part of the bill email. What a giant PITA.

17. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I had a 24-500 go bad a week or so ago. No video. I did everything I could think of to keep it. I did not want to go thru the ordeal of swapping it out with this new system. The 24 is owned and that status has to be kept. That alone seemed like it would cause problems. After I made sure the 24 was indeed shot I made the call to the ATT Retention number (877-999-1083). First words out of the CSR's mouth: What's your account number? My reply: I have no idea. No problem, what's your phone number? Gave him that and we were good to go. Told him (Liam) what the problem was and went into detail about what I had done. I expected to hear: Let's reboot that HR. What I actually heard was: I will get a replacement sent out to you immediately...Whoa! That never happened before. He listened and understood.

The phone call continued in that vein. Everything I wanted I got. I've done this many times and this was the best call I ever made regarding D*. Let me say this again, Liam listened and understood. I'm not gonna say I have never called D* before and had someone understand me but it's a rarity. Mergers and transitions are always hard to deal with but it looks like there are some good things happening.

Just occurred to me that I hadn't called to make sure the replacement was "owned". Call took two minutes. I have never had such a short call to D*. It is still listed as owned. Better CSRs? One can only hope.

Rich

18. Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    I agree about his new bill email. Doesn't mention DirecTV anywhere. Could easily just go in the trash, I don't have AT&T :)

att.png

No doubt the reason they want you to have to click on the link to actually view your bill is so they can try and pester you into buying other stuff, or show you ads, or generally just irritate the crap out of you. Typical AT&T, the whole reason I got rid of everything AT&T in the past.

19. mrinker

mrinker Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Colorado
    I finally called tech support about the migration error I kept receiving. After 45 minutes I was finally able to use the new at&t upgrade site and login to att.com. I am not a fan of electronic bills so I was able to select paper bills on the att.com site for my directv account. Hopefully, I will truly receive paper bills now.