What are some of the fees that get added to your bill from Dish?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Ronald Kohlman, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Ronald Kohlman

Ronald Kohlman New Member

Nov 24, 2017
    I got an offer from Dish to sign up. What are some of the hidden fees that show up on your bill? I currently have DirecTV and my bill has $51.20 in extra charges that range from region sports fee to HD fee and DVR fee. They are offerings me a $300 gift card and the 2 year price gaurantee.

2. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Where did you get that offer for the GC?

3. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    New TV Charges
    01/06/19 - 02/05/19
    Monthly TV
    America's Top 120+
    Local Channels

$79.99
    01/06/19 - 02/05/19
    Equipment
    Hopper DVR Service
    Joey Receiver
    Joey Receiver

$29.00

Surcharges
    FCC Regulatory Fee

$0.03

New TV Charges
    $109.02

4. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    Our current charges are below. One thing to note is that we're currently paying $4.85 for Georgia's "Video Communications Tax", but if our service address was about 5 miles further south in Florida, that tax would be about double.

Capture.JPG

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Define "hidden" ... Unless you are dealing with an unscrupulous third party seller, an accurate price is usually provided. No, that isn't the price in the largest print on the advertisement.

For a single TV the big print price is close ... add a $5 DVR fee ($15 for the Hopper). Additional receiver fees (budget $7 each for Joeys, $15 if you want a second Hopper) are not added for the first receiver. Add $12 if locals are not included with the price (the ads I see normally say "locals included" - but not knowing who wrote the ad you are referring to it would be good to verify what you are getting). Also add your state and local sales/use taxes. DISH does not have RSN fees.

You can look at the DISH website to see regular pricing and their usual new customer offers. That would be where I would start if trying to determine if an offer was a good deal.

DISH will make equipment recommendations based on the number of TVs you enter and your credit rating. If you want more equipment than their recommendation - for example, a Hopper 3 (16 tuner) and Joey instead of a Hopper Duo (two tuner) and Joey for a two TV install - there may additional one time charges. Poor credit can lead to additional up front charges or reduced equipment offering.

So ... what equipment and package are you looking for? It shouldn't be hard to calculate a price.

6. Ronald Kohlman

Ronald Kohlman New Member

Nov 24, 2017
    i GOT THE OFFER IN THE MAIL, SIGNED UP TODAY

Attached Files: