What are you doing new Years eve

Discussion in 'The OT' started by pez2002, Dec 30, 2003.

What are u doing new years eve

1. Going to A party...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Watching rockin eve

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Eating raw Shrimp

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  4. Working

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    So what are u doing...

2. Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    E) None of the above. When you've got a 2-1/2 month old son, you get all the sleep you can, when you can - even on New Years...

:D

3. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I will be celebrating my wife's birthday.

4. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    We will probably stay home but since the weather will be nice we might go downtown and watch the fireworks. San Antonio has a big party down there every year next to the Tower Of Americas (space needle type tower with a rotating restaurant). We did this in 2000 and 2001 and had a great time.

Attached Files:

5. Kevin

Kevin Icon/Supporter

Mar 26, 2002
    I'll probably be going to a friend's house and enjoying "adult beverages." My liver will be cursing me the next day. :)

6. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks to the kiddies and a wife with Strep Throat we will celebrating at home this year. Sigh. If I would have known geographic paralysis would set in after the kiddies were born, I would have gone out more when I was single or married without kids.

7. dtcarson

dtcarson Godfather

Jan 10, 2003
    "geographic paralysis"...so true. We have a 15 month old, and while of course he'w awesome and the best thing that happened to us, just going out to the store is a major endeavor.
    We'll be at home, perhaps actually using the PiP feature on our tv to watch the NY Ball and the NC Acorn [yes, acorn] drop at the same time [or see how far off they are.] Unless tonight follows previous night's patterns and we get stuck playing Dark Alliance into the new year ; )

8. Roger

Roger Banned User

Aug 7, 2002
    Working! :angry:

9. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    I will have some friends over at my place. Two are confirmed, the rest are "If you don't have any other plans, come on by and bring your own drinks."

Hey, don't feel so bad. Some of us actually volunteered to work during holidays past, especially since I don't like the bowl games. Of course, now that I have a DVD player and a DVR...

10. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    We're having some family over for Pizza and wings, and I get a chance to show off my new computer and lackluster digital video editing skills. :) And hopefully I can sell an XM subscription or two.

11. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm just hoping to stay awake until midnight. If I can stay awake I hope to watch a movie. My wife, son and I went to St. Louis to help move the oldest offspring. We had hoped to leave at about 1PM yesterday so we would be home by 8PM. We left about 7PM, and got home about 3 this morning. :dozey: :sleeping: :new_sleep :zzz:

12. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I bought some XM AND Sirius stock. I've been pushing Satellite Radio to everyone I come in contact with. I had been pushing XM only until Sirius came out with the Audiovox knockoff of the Delphi SkyFi and they announced that they had bought NFL simulcast rights at the tune of... gasp.... $1000 per subscriber.

Sirius was the most traded stock on the Nasdaq yesterday and has gone up 25% in the last two weeks. Go get 'em boys!

13. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    :D I have been in and out of Sirius several times in the last year. I am now holding two batches bought recently at $2.16 and $2.31 which I hope to hold for a fairly long ride this time. :D I bought XM ages ago and have held it since. It finally went beyond where I bought it a little while ago and continues to do well.

14. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Well I didn't sell anyone on XM last night, but I did something just as good :)

One of my family members had Dish a few years ago and canceled after their 6 months of free HBO was up. They liked it and all but they kept cable for the locals and between cable and Dish they were spending nearly $100 a month on tv. They want to go back to Dish since locals are now available and they don't want to do business with Adelphia anymore after the events of the 2002. Yesterday I nearly sold them on DirecTV. They said they'd look more into D* and probably take advantage of the 3 free room deal and then purchase 2 DTivos extra. The 3 free receivers would go in the basement, office and guest room. The TiVos would go into the family room and master bedroom. If they do infact go to DirecTV that will make a grand total of 5 households so far that either had E* or were going to get E* that I converted to D*, none of which are mine though :( :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.