1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you listening to right now?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Dude111, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
  2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Enjoy.

3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Thank you,are you listening to anything @ the moment?

4. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    My stomach growling and tinnitus.

5. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    A annoying commercial jingle (The lights, the lights, the lights ...) from KMART.

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    The Chipmunks' annoying Christmas song.
    I am in a restaurant and can't turn it off.

.... such is life! :D

7. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Just finished listening to the Dave Brubeck Octet CD. Quite unusual - now playing the Dave Brubeck Quartet "Jazz at Oberlin" CD. I bought both from Amazon after reading of his death.

8. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    ^ I have that Oberlin record and it is great. Listened to a two record Brubeck greatest hits yesterday. The Blue Rondo a la Turk was live and I didn't like it that much. From Soundstage Direct, I found a twin pack European import stereo version of both Time Out and Time Further Out. On two 180 gram vinyl records, it was only $33 with shipping, which is reasonable for records now a days. I ordered it and considering Media Mail and Christmastime, I'll see it some time next week.

All morning I've been listening to ESPN sports talk off a local FM station.

9. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    ^ The Oberlin CD just finished. WOW! What a great live performance!!

10. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Essential Ozzy albums and reading David Weber on my pad.

11. jerry downing

jerry downing Godfather

Mar 7, 2004
    Illinois
    Garbage trucks. It's garbage day in my area.

12. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Amazon Cloud Player and over 20K songs. Great service!

13. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Took me about five days to upload my music, but worth it.

14. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Burbling water in my fish tank that the kids haven't refilled. At least the guppies are still alive...

15. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Interesting! When did they start that? What bitrate are the songs? Does it upgrade your library to 256k MP3s?

16. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    The football game became boring early so I went to vinyl. Among others, tonight I listened to:

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
    My vote for the best record of 2012. Bruce sings about faith in everyman through troubled times. Half of the songs are backed by the E Street Band and half by the folky Sessions Band. I find the mix works perfectly.

J. D. Souther - Home By Dawn
    John David Souther either makes excellent records - his album "Black Rose" is one of the finest country rock records ever laid down to tape - or stink-os. Ignore everything from the Souther-Hillman-Furay band. I stumbled into this one maybe a year ago and it is still in heavy rotation. These songs should be on a Linda Ronstadt or Eagles album, as many of Souther's were. Instead, those folks show up on his record. There's nothing surprising here - it's adult contempory rock from the early 1980s with a country tinge - but done with such heart, you have to believe. Recommended.

Mott the Hoople - Mott
    I got on a Mott the Hoople kick maybe two years ago and bought a bunch of their records. Good quality used Mott the Hoople records are cheap. But where else will you find a British blues band where the original guitarist - Mick Ralphs, later of Bad Company - is replaced by Mick Ronson, previously with David Bowie? The soul of Mott the Hoople, its vocalist and chief songwriter, Ian Hunter, was an original talent even though he wished he was Dylan. Great rock record, opening with All The Way To Memphis, and with a wonderful jam on a song by Mick Ralphs that fills side 2.

17. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Laxguy - Yep - up to 256

18. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Iris DeMent on Pandora -- I like her 'twangy' voice. She's a 'story-teller' who blends well with Alison Krauss, John Prine and similar artists.

19. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010