1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What cabling comes in the box? (Hx24)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Eskimo, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Eskimo

Eskimo AllStar

Aug 2, 2010
    I'm about to place an order with Monoprice for some cabling and other stuff to get ready for the install.. I thought I read somewhere that the hx24's come with HDMI cables and even a TOSlink optical cable in the box?

Really all I need are (2) 6-ft. HDMI cables and 1 6-ft TOSlink cable.. Am getting 2 HR24's and 1 H24.

Thanks..

2. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    If DirecTV is installing the receivers, the installer will have the cables and only supply what is needed - they use hdmi if the TV supports it. This cuts down on waste.

If you purchased from a retailer, then the box will have hdmi, composit, component, maybe s-video and phone.

They don't supply TOSlink

3. Eskimo

Eskimo AllStar

Aug 2, 2010
    Thanks for the quick answer!

4. skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17 Godfather

Jun 23, 2010
    I got an HDMI cable with mine, not sure if DirecTV brought it or if it came in the box since my HR24-500 was new.

5. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    If D* is installing it, they will give you whatever you need, and in my case, whatever I asked for as a spare too! :)

As for what's in the box? I don't think anything but the power cord and remote was in there, the HDMI was given to me separate.

6. PHL

PHL Legend

Jul 15, 2004
    When I got my HR23 in May of 2009, it came in a retail box with all the various cables. When I got my two additional HR24's last month, they came in OEM boxes without cables. So, luck of the draw. However, like everyone else has said, the installer should have everything you need.

7. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    The H24 does not use TOSlink but does have a coaxial digital output (the HR24 has both).

8. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    If retail box's they will come with the following connection cables:
    (1) 6' hdmi
    (1) 6' component a/v cable set
    (1) 6' composite a/v cable
    (1) 25' phone cable

While the HR24 does incoporate a toslink output, it does NOT come with the cable.

The H24 does NOT incoporate an optical output at all.

H24

9. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    And DirecTV does not have TOSLink cables in any case.