1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What case are you using for your iPhone 5,uh...4?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dmspen, Oct 18, 2011.

1. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I got my 4s in the mail last week and I started looking around for cases. I like slim unobtrusive cases (had an Incipio Feather on my 3GS) and wondered what cases everyone out there is using. I did manage to snag an iFrogz Lean Luxe Phase (Frost/Black) at my local AT&T store for $5 (it's last years model) which seems to be pretty good, but what are you using?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm using a griffin case that has a fake carbon fiber back and a black rubber edge. I like it but the black rubber seems to rub off on my fingers.

3. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    I've been using the ifrogz Luxe Original. I use the desktop dock for charging and syncing, this ifrogz case easily comes apart for docking.

4. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I am using a hard rubber incipio. The key for me is that it can still fit on my iHome clock radio without removing the case.

I got an Otterbox as soon as they were released, but the OB for the 4 is not nearly as good as the one for the 3G/S. The rubber is much thinner and won't stay on the hard case. I then tried a Ballistic case and it worked great, but would not fit on the iHome which I got for Christmas. Then I tried the free "bumper" from Apple, but the first time I dropped it, I broke the front glass.

So the case I have now rolls over the front enough to keep the glass from impacting the floor if I drop it again. It is just a hard rubber one piece black case.

5. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    Not for an Iphone but I love TPU cases for my phone. I've dropped it several times onto pavement and not had a scratch on it.

6. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    I've been using Sena Cases for years on all of my iPhones. The quality of the leather and stitching is far superior to any other I've tried (and have tried several different types of cases by various manufacturers (griffin, iskin, belkin, etc)....

I choose to use a magnetic flipper case due to it's enhanced screen protection. Although it has a cutout for the sync cabkle; I've found that it works with the universal dock perfectly.

There offer different varations and case designs for the iPhone4 & iPhone4S (all the cases are compatible since the iPhone4 didint change design) as well as any variety of previous models and for other brands of cells, mp3 players, etc...

You can check them out here:
    www.senacases.com

[​IMG]

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I had an Otterbox for my 3GS, and didn't like how long it took to extract the phone for the ill fitting dock-clock-radio I had, or to clean the screen, but it was wicked good at protection.

I finally trained myself to keep it in one clean pocket, in which nothing else goes. So I am running bare naked with the 4, and yes, if I drop it on several types of surfaces, it's toast, but in those cases, the protection will help in just some percentage of those times.

8. HDJulie

HDJulie Icon DBSTalk Club

Aug 10, 2008
    Are you using the Griffin Elan Form?

9. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    I'm using the Griffin black diamond back translucent that they gave us and a slide in belt holster. The wife uses the green translucent version.

10. Losana

Losana Mentor

Sep 13, 2006
    I use iskin products on my IPhone and my IPad 2. I started using iskins after I dropped and cracked the screen of my first 1st generation IPhone. I took the phone to the Mac store where the guy told me that he would give me a new phone for free if I promised to buy an iskin case.

11. braven

braven Hall Of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I use a generic TPU case. Can be had off eBay for around a buck. I don't like the soft gel type cases.

12. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I ordered a PhoneSuit for my iPhone 4s. Its a case/battery pack.

www.phonesuit.com

13. Garyunc

Garyunc Godfather

Oct 7, 2006
  14. davemayo

davemayo Hall Of Fame

Nov 17, 2005
    Otterbox Commuter. The 4S is my first iPhone, but I've used Otterbox on Blackberries for years.

15. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
  16. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    OtterBox Defender Case. For some it isn't sleek enough. But I once left a phone on top of the car. So I wanted something that could protect our 4 from my idiocy.

17. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Thanks all. Funny, I didn't even think of Sena. I have a Sena case on my ipaq pocketpc which is years and years old now. Loved it mor than the Vaja case I won in a contest (way too expensive).