What do I say to DIRECTVs CSRs ??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HR23 Discussion (private)' started by psweig, Oct 16, 2008.

1. psweig

psweig Hall Of Fame

Feb 4, 2006
    I need some advice before I call. All three of my DVRs are 0 on 99c even transponders and I want to cover my bases. How do I explain that one of them has internal BBCs? What software version and model # do I give them ? I suspect the multiswitch but I can't just "order" a multiswitch, at least not without paying for it.

This situation has existed since D11 went live, I had no problems before. 103C is high 80s to 100s on all transponders. :D :confused:

2. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Just call them and tell them that that none of your receivers are getting signals for 99c and that you've tried resets, switching bbc's etc and nothing worked.

You could try reverting one to the NR (obviously not the HR23, since there is no NR) to see if that helps - doubt it would - but you'd lose recordings from the current CE cycle.

3. psweig

psweig Hall Of Fame

Feb 4, 2006
    Thanks, say-what, I just won't mention the HR23 at all and just talk about the other two.

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That will be the best plan .. And remember .. DO NOT force the national release on the HR23 even if the CSR suggests that you do so. You know what will happen if you do.

View attachment 16016

Attached Files:

5. psweig

psweig Hall Of Fame

Feb 4, 2006
    :D :D :D