DBSTalk Forum banner

What does DirecTV charge bars & restaurants?

17K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  Jodean 
#1 ·
I'm just curious. How much do bars and restaurants pay for DirecTV?

For example, say a sports bar wants to have all the Sunday Ticket games running on multiple screens throughout their dining room.

Do they still charge per television? Perhaps per tuned channel, with each potentially mirrored to multiple screens? Is there a factor for the rated guest capacity of the room?

I would imagine the Sunday Ticket on a commercial account in a situation like this would be outrageously more expensive than a home account. Same for the main package.

#2 ·
It's based on fire code occupancy, if the televisions are in a public area, as well as per receiver. If the TVs are in a private area it's almost the same as a home account.

And yes, it is quite a bit more expensive for bars and restaurants to have Sunday Ticket, but it's a proven moneymaker.

#5 ·
MysteryMan said:
If you're that curious go to their website. On top of their home page you'll see Businesses. Click on that and the business account page will come up with the information you're interested in.
Yeah, I looked around in there a bit, but it seems like it's not going to tell you much without getting in touch with an actual sales rep.

As I have no real reason to be inquiring beyond curiosity, it's not something I would pursue.

#12 ·
"Stuart Sweet" said:
It's based on fire code occupancy, if the televisions are in a public area, as well as per receiver. If the TVs are in a private area it's almost the same as a home account.

And yes, it is quite a bit more expensive for bars and restaurants to have Sunday Ticket, but it's a proven moneymaker.
No matter where the TV's are located in a Bar & Restaurant, it has to be B&R pricing...even if the TV's will be just in the back.

There are monthly receiver fees for Bar & Restaurant customers, but it isn't for every package and it starts with the 3rd receiver.

Another huge advantage D* has for B&R customers is the free MVP Marketing Program that helps those customers market & promote their establishments.

#16 ·
Justin23 said:
No matter where the TV's are located in a Bar & Restaurant, it has to be B&R pricing...even if the TV's will be just in the back.

There are monthly receiver fees for Bar & Restaurant customers, but it isn't for every package and it starts with the 3rd receiver.

Another huge advantage D* has for B&R customers is the free MVP Marketing Program that helps those customers market & promote their establishments.
You're correct; I can easily see where my post was misunderstood. Thank you for correcting it. What I meant to say was, if you are in a business where the TVs are in a public area, it is based on fire code occupancy. If your business does not have such a public area (for example in an office setting) the price is quite similar to residential pricing.

I hope that clears things up.

#19 ·
JoeTheDragon said:
the sports book can cover that easy.
Yea DTV is crazy with the pricing of Clubs our Club here in PA and they want over $ 57,000.00 Dollars a year to watch Foot ball ! :mad: So we can stop in have a beer and watch a game ! Alot of our members dropped them :hurah: Greedy ! for games that are televised for free over the air ! :nono2: Geesh our membership is $ 50 bucks a year !

#20 ·
"Rickt1962" said:
Yea DTV is crazy with the pricing of Clubs our Club here in PA and they want over $ 57,000.00 Dollars a year to watch Foot ball ! :mad: So we can stop in have a beer and watch a game ! Alot of our members dropped them :hurah: Greedy ! for games that are televised for free over the air ! :nono2: Geesh our membership is $ 50 bucks a year !
How big is your club?

#23 ·
#26 ·
Justin23 said:
What is the Fire Code Occupancy? This is a private club...membership only? The general public can't walk in?
Yes its private. I know the Bar is the Largest in PA ! it is 4 sided and is 75x30 Dam we can sit alot of guys around it. Its strictly a Mens club no woman allowed. Wives love it we cant get into trouble LOL Not sure the OC. the First floor of our club is around 30,000 sqft and alot of Doors. From the outside we look like a Huge Warehouse with no windows !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.