1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does DirecTV provide for a very large home?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by PokerJoker, Dec 27, 2017.

1. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    The thread title says it. What am I going to hear if I call DirectV and tell them I have a very large home install with more than 12 (possibly 16) TV locations, most of which need to be DVR-capable and separately tuned, i.e., no mirrored feeds? I suspect the usual level-zero drone on the phone will either try and sell me a HS17 and some minis (which won't work) or lock up while searching for a script to follow.

Should I just give up and pay a high-end custom installer, or can DTV still sell a system of an HR54 and a bunch of HR24s and maybe a couple of minis? Is there a different phone number to call for these big systems?

(no this isn't a sports bar! just a very large private home.)

Keith

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    1-800-531-5000 - Get HR54 + 4 Rooms Deal (no Mini's) You will have to pay extra - Then contact Solid signal -they will be able to sell you want and activate on your account as well. They might even suggest a installer -just call and ask

Contact these folks for Suggestions

DIRECTV Dishes and LNBs - Solid Signal

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    They'd have to be really stupid to pass up a monthly bill like you're gonna have. Can't be that dumb. I have ten TV sets in the house, never been a problem.

Rich

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    You might want to write down each room, and how it will be used... you will want to likely end up with a genie (hr54) and possible a client or two for 4K if you have a main 4K tv, and then a quite a few HR24 DVRs. You also may want to have a few h25 without DVR in spare rooms that will never need their own DVR or pausing of live tv. Sometimes people have issues if they run more than 10 DVRs. Also you’ll want the genie to be how you connect the system to the internet, since if you hit 16 TVs you will not be able to add an external deca just for internet, since the deca cloud has a 16 node limit. Or you will want to build two deca clouds and merge them as is shown on a white paper on solid signal. There’s just a lot of different ways to go, and personally, that big a system I’d pay someone other than DIRECTV to design and install it. In fact I’d have them design it then post it her before they install to and get some of our opinions.

How many people will be living in the house, and can you detail how each room will be used?

5. codespy

codespy So much for the 2017 season!! <Crying> DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    I did the install myself and when DirecTV does do a truck roll (for 4K clients for example), they just activate it on my workbench and I relocate to permanent spot where I want it. I’d get the HR54, a couple 4K mini’s if you have two 4K tv’s (can only run one 4K stream at a time), and the rest use HR24’s or have some H25’s if you want. My signature lists everything in my home and have had this setup for years. Good luck.

6. codespy

codespy So much for the 2017 season!! <Crying> DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Also- their ordering system may give you fits since I don’t believe there’s been a release of a reverse band LNB to handle large amounts of tuners for customers like me and you. I’m running a legacy 5LNB on a parallel SWM setup for my 29 tuners (31 with HR54 RB but RB not in use yet).

7. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    I can't believe the typical CSR would be able to handle an order like that, or even know Directv can do it. I'd call a custom installer or Solid Signal and not mess around with calling Directv.

8. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Yes, this is not really orderable (or installable) via the usual CSR channel. You need a third party supplier (local to you, or someone like solid signal.