What Else Is New: FX, NatGeo Could Go Dark On Dish Network

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Chihuahua, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Chihuahua

Chihuahua Legend

Sep 8, 2007
  2. Chihuahua

Chihuahua Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    Any bets that Disney may tie new contracts for those networks with Dish carrying the ACC Network?

3. Ronald Kohlman

Ronald Kohlman New Member

Nov 24, 2017
    more and more taken away, bill stays the same

4. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    You could keep them and pay a LOT more? Plus we know Disney is trying to tie all the channels to new channels and bind DISH. DISH is losing subscribers right and left. It has to start saying NO to some of these channels.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Not a new concept ... ABC/ESPN/Disney have been playing the role of 800 pound gorrila for years.

6. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
  7. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I have a Roku/Fire Stick and if I wanted to, I could easily get a cheap skinny pack to get those channels for the period they are off Dish. In the past, a person would have to switch from Dish to Direct or cable. For those that have high speed, those channels are in several packs, if they are that important. To me they aren't except for Nat Geo.

8. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    If I lose FXM, I may get another pack elsewhere.

9. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Lose them with DISH now or switch and lose them with someone else later. Oh yeah, and then some politician says its our fault and the content providers should get anything they want. Welcome to the new reality.

10. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    That is true. I guess in this day, if you want a channel and your provider drops it, you just jump from provider to provider or sub to two and that way if one drops it, you get it from the other.

11. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    Dish is in the entertainment business.....if they have no channels, they have no entertainment........no entertainment, no customers

Consumer's bills go up every year, with less to choose from......so these disputes in the so called name of keeping prices down is a farce. As a sports fan, I have now lost the RSN's, the ACC channel is not on Dish & now this. Living in a small county, I don't have the availability of hi speed internet.
    If it wasn't such a hassle to switch providers, I would do just that. Been with Dish for around 20 years.....this crap is just so tiresome

12. Ronald Kohlman

Ronald Kohlman New Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Keep them and pay more? we pay more anyway, prices go up not down!

13. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    So, you you believe if the carriers (DISH/DIRECTV/Comcast/etc) paid whatever the stations demanded we would have the same level of price increases?

sparky27, scooper and NYDutch like this.