What happened to “Series Finale” notifications in the guide?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JerryMeeker, Nov 12, 2019.

1. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    It seems like guide entries rarely identify “Series Finale” or “Seasons Finale” anymore. Is this a DirecTV decision, or a decision by whomever creates the guide entries?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    The only ones that I have ever seen are in the form of a commercial about the show.

3. mfmathis

mfmathis Mentor

Oct 5, 2007
    Chapmanville...
    I still see them in the program description.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Please give me an example of a listing in the guide. And what model DVR do you have? We know there are guide differences between Genies and older models. Thanks.

I didn’t see a series finale notice for Catherine the Great on HBO, or for the Mr. Mercedes season finale tonight on Audience.

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    The last Series or Season Finale I watched was Suits. It was listed as Series Finale but only after you selected the More on the Info screen. HR24 and HR44.

6. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I checked the HR24 guide listing for Mr Mercedes, which aired its season finale last night on Audience, and there was no “Seasons Finale” indication, so it’s not just a Genie issue. I don’t know whether others find this information useful, but I like to keep my Seasons Pass list current.

7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I use TheFutonCritic.com. I can track all my shows, including Netflix, Amazon, et. al.. And you can even select to get email updates on new episodes or changes to programs (e.g. Cancellations). Snippet below of some of my shows:

upload_2019-11-13_11-54-14.png

8. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    The American Horror Story:1984 episode on GX this evening is clearly marked as the Season Finale, so there is some inconsistency about how the guide presents episode information.

9. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I am aware of other places to get information. My focus is on why the DTV guide is missing this information.

10. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Gracenote is the provider

11. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I see this on streaming sites too. Rarely see anything about season finales anywhere. Not sure that's the right plural form of finale either but my spellchecker passed it.

Rich

12. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    As you said, there is some inconsistencies when it comes to the Guide data on your receivers. So if you want to keep your Season Pass list current (post #6), you're going to need to go outside of DIRECTV.