What I Want For Christmas Contest - ENTER HERE!

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Chris Blount, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 30, 2004 #1 of 173
    Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Win a Dish Network DVR-508 or Hughes DirecTV Receiver With Tivo!

[​IMG][​IMG]

DBSTalk.Com Presents The "What I Want For Christmas" Contest!
    Sponsored exclusively by Dish Depot and DBSTalk.com.

Dish Network DVR-508 - The DVR-508 Receiver includes Receiver, Remote, Smart Card and 1 year warranty. 80GB Hard Drive allows for 65 hours of Digital Recording, without a monthly Fee!

DirecTV Receiver With Tivo - The Hughes SD DVR80 DirecTV receiver with Tivo allows for 70 Hours of SD recording. Includes: Receiver, Remote, Access Card, 2 AA Batteries, Composite Cable, S- Video Cable, 25' Telephone Cable, Manual and 1 year warranty.
    _____________________________________________​

The DBSTalk.com contest instructions and rules:

1. How to enter the contest: This is the fun part and very simple. Post a message in this thread about what you want for Christmas. Something like "Dear Santa: All I want for Christmas is (blank) because (blank)". Every user who makes a reasonable entry in the thread will automatically be entered in the contest (reasonable means something that is with the spirit of the contest. We will not accept entries such as "I want cheese for Christmas because I like food"). To make it easier for us, please preface your entry with "CONTEST ENTRY". This will keep the contest entries separate from the regular chatter. The winner will be chosen by random drawing.

To make this even more interesting, we will not announce when the drawing will take place. We can tell you it will be some time in December. You must be present and logged in to win the contest. We plan to drop hints when the drawing will take place so if you visit often, you will have a good chance of winning.

***IMPORTANT***

In order for prizes to be awarded, you must have a valid e-mail address listed under your registered user account. Multiple entries are not allowed and will be null and void if received.

2. All DBSTalk.com contest participants are required to be registered members of DBSTalk.com to enter the contest. While participants from around the world are allowed to play, prizes will be only awarded to residents of the United States.

3. The DBSTalk.com "What I Want For Christmas" Contest is sponsored by DBSTalk.com and Dish Depot. Dish Network and DirecTV are in no way affiliated with this contest.

4. All rules concerning game play are subject to modification. If modification of the rules becomes necessary, the rule changes will be posted at DBSTalk.com.

5. All decisions made by the contest coordinator are final.

6. Winners of any DBSTalk.com contests are eligible to win only one time in every 12 month period. Second place finisher may continue to enter.

7. Prizes:
    Grand Prize: 1 (one) Dish Network DVR-508 OR Hughes SDVR80. Dish Depot will ship the prize directly to the winner upon completion of the contest and verification of the contest results.

Second Place Prize will be a DVD of the participant’s choice shipped from a vendor of DBSTalk.com’s choice (valued up to $25).

Note: Santa might bring a few additional prizes. ;)

8. Odds of winning depend on the number of participants in the Contest. DBSTalk.com and Dish Depot will pay any shipping charges for prizes. There will be no substitution of prizes. No purchase is necessary to participate or win.

9. DBSTalk.com and Dish Depot staff members, employees and their immediate families and household members, while eligible to participate, are not eligible to win prizes. Participants who fall under these conditions are required to inform the DBSTalk.com contest coordinator of their status before entering the Contest.

10. DBSTalk.com is not responsible for weather incidents (such as ice storms) or any other acts of God that may prevent the participants from entering. DBSTalk.com and the DBSTalk.com contest coordinator are not responsible for entry errors or for transmission errors.

11. DBSTalk.com is in no way responsible for any problems, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet or on the DBSTalk.com web site which may limit entries in this contest.

12. By entering the contest, participants release DBSTalk.com and Dish Depot from liability for any technical malfunction of prizes awarded, and for any damage and/or injury incurred from prizes. Prize winners agree to allow DBSTalk.com to use their name and or likeness on DBSTalk.com and/or in advertisements.

13. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage the DBSTalk.com web site or the Dish Depot web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, DBSTalk.com and Dish Depot reserve the right to seek damages from the offending participant to the fullest extent of the law.

14. Contest void where prohibited by law.

15. DBSTalk.Com and DishDepot are not responsible for delays. If stock is not available at the closing of the contest, the grand prize will be delivered as soon as it's available.

Place your entry in this thread!

2. Nov 30, 2004 #2 of 173
    cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Contest Entry

All I want for Christmas is to see my toddler boys happy because it is worth more then any tangible gift someone could give.

3. Nov 30, 2004 #3 of 173
    dhomoney

dhomoney Cool Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Dear Santa,

All I want for XMas is a Denon AVR-5805. I would become the envy of friend and foe alike, for I would have the power to switch DVI and HDMI, I could power 4 rooms of speakers, and I would only have one connection to my TV. Oh Santa one final thing, grant my wife the patience and understanding that comes from having a missing husband enthralled with a new uber techie toy.

4. Nov 30, 2004 #4 of 173
    van_gogh

van_gogh Mentor

Apr 8, 2004
    CONTEST ENTRY

Dear Santa: All I want for Christmas is a sleeve of 100 blank DVD-R's because I went with the DVD burner instead of the larger TiVo hard drive.

5. Nov 30, 2004 #5 of 173
    beasst37799

beasst37799 Legend

Mar 8, 2004
    dear Santa : all i want for christmas is for my mother to be able to take early retirement so she doesnt need to get up every week day at 330am leave the house at 430am and not come back home till 7pm at night . So she can be happy

6. Nov 30, 2004 #6 of 173
    deraz

deraz Daydreamer DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 25, 2004
    Dear Santa: All I want for Christmas is my basement finished because we are running out of room. Of course the basement would also need a completely stocked theater room.

7. Nov 30, 2004 #7 of 173
    geobernd

geobernd Mentor

Nov 4, 2004
    CONTEST ENTRY

Dear Santa,
    All I want for Christmas is a 50+" Plasma HDTV so I can get rid of that bulky aging Rear Projection TV - I promise I will watch all Christmas shows.

8. Nov 30, 2004 #8 of 173
    SAEMike

SAEMike Banned User

May 29, 2004
    CONTEST ENTRY

Dear Santa,

For Christmas I would like to be able to sit down and talk to my Grandmother. That's all I have wanted since I was twelve when she passed on.

When it comes to technology, I would like to have a dish large enough to get DirecTV here in Alaska so I could have the NFL Sunday Ticket, and someone to install this dish for me.

I would also like a new set of golf clubs. Along with that, I would like Alaska to have a longer summer, so I could enjoy a longer golfing season.

Thanks Santa!
    Mike

9. Nov 30, 2004 #9 of 173
    Brian Price

Brian Price New Member

Jan 16, 2004
    CONTEST ENTRY

Dear Santa,
    All I want for Christmas is a DVD Recorder so I can finally erase my kids' 20 episodes of Rescue Heroes that have been taking up space on my DVR for the last year.

10. Nov 30, 2004 #10 of 173
    chriscyberTLC

chriscyberTLC New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    Dear Santa,
    What I want for Christmas is a new job. It's about time that I find a job that pays well, don't you think? Or at the very least, one that pays decent, but it's a job that I actually LIKE? Think it over. Thanks. :)

11. Nov 30, 2004 #11 of 173
    ibglowin

ibglowin Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 10, 2002
    Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is for all of my family to be together. Our oldest daughter has moved to San Antonio to go to school. She just started a new part time job to help pay for things and she won't be able to get off during the Holidays. This will be the first time we won't be with her at Christmas. Thank God for all our health, Broadband and iSight.

12. Nov 30, 2004 #12 of 173
    tkrandall

tkrandall Hall Of Fame

Oct 3, 2003
    Dear Santa - all I want is the TIVO being given away - it would make a great addition to my DTV system for the TV downstairs!

13. Nov 30, 2004 #13 of 173
    Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    CONTEST ENTRY

Dear Santa,

I would like the Classic Star Trek Box set for Christmas. I'm an original Trek fan, and still think the first show was the best show. My mom got me hooked on Star Trek. This is my second Chistmas without her. I'd like to sit and watch and think of her.

Hope this letter finds you and Mrs. Claus well.

Sincerely,
    Cap

14. Nov 30, 2004 #14 of 173
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is for my wife to come home! (currently taking care of her recovering mom 600 miles away)

15. Nov 30, 2004 #15 of 173
    Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    That must be quite difficult for all involved, Mark. I hope her mom recovers well, and you have her home soon.

16. Nov 30, 2004 #16 of 173
    Selenna

Selenna Fair Lady of the forums DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 18, 2004
    CONTEST ENTRY

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is a job I don't dread going to every day because life is too short to spend 1/3 of it doing something you don't like.

And in the grander scheme of things, I want good health, peace and happiness for all my family and friends.

17. Nov 30, 2004 #17 of 173
    Big Bob

Big Bob Godfather

May 13, 2002
    Contest Entry

Dear Santa: All I want for Christmas is for people to stop being mean to each other because it is just not right.

It may be an unobtainable dream, but this is a letter to Santa, after all.

18. Nov 30, 2004 #18 of 173
    SAEMike

SAEMike Banned User

May 29, 2004
    All I want for Christmas is to figure out what Big Bob's avatar is LOL

19. Nov 30, 2004 #19 of 173
    benn5325

benn5325 AllStar

Mar 16, 2004
    CONTEST ENTRY

Dear Santa,
    All I want for Christmas is a DVD-Recorder and Sirius radio in my car.

20. Nov 30, 2004 #20 of 173
    jericho

jericho AllStar

May 28, 2002
    "Contest Entry"

I want a Genuine Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-Shot Lightning Loader Range Model Air Rifle with a Shock-Proof High Adventure Combination Trail Compass and Sundial Set Right in the Stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.