1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if....about them Polls...

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Darkman, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    Hi...
    What if someone answers Wrong in 1, 2 or all 3 Polls during Week #1?

Is it over right there and then for that person?
    Or he still can/has to Participate in future Polls?

how does that work - One Participates till the very END or Not?
    (regardless of if answered all the questions correctly or not)

Thanks

2. J Rath

J Rath AllStar/Supporter

Apr 13, 2002
    You can continue regardless of how many you get wrong, the contest is point based. You get points for each poll answered correctly. See Mark's official contest rules here for how many points are awarded through the contest, because the poll questions and amount of points will change later on in the contest.

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Exactly...the points will accumulate over the course of the contest, and the person with the most points at the end wins. The point change will happen at the halfway point of the show when the tribes merge, and then again at the end for the final show. If you haven't read the rules, please do, and if you have any questions, post 'em here! :)

4. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    What if someone works for CBS (or has some simular Inside info)...
    and then enters contest Here - without ever disclosing those facts...and eventually wins the 721 (mostly cuz of Above)...
    And no1 here finds out about it...
    One just walks away with 721 i guess...

The thought just entered my mind.... - I am weird...

5. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Well, if that happens, it happens. The rules do say that employees of CBS, CBS affiliate stations and employees of Mark Burnett Productions aren't elligible to win for that very reason, but we're not doing complete background checks on everyone that enters, so I suppose that it's possible.

6. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    One thing that should be mentioned is that the forum software does allow us to know who is voting. For security reasons I won't go into too much detail but suffice it to say, if anyone tries to be dishonest, we would catch them.

7. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    good...my point was though - people using regular computers with regular ISPs

thanks for your replies though...

8. Swampthing

Swampthing Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    What if a psychic enters the contest and wins the 721? Would they be disqualified due to their edge over other players??

;> Sorry, couldn't resist...

9. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    ahaha...

Could not resist this Russian Proverb:
    "If the Grandfather were a Grandmother, he would have been wearing a skirt"

10. Maniacal1

Maniacal1 Godfather/Supporter

Apr 9, 2002
    Swampy, a psychic would be at a severe disadvantage, methinks. They can see the future clearly, but since Survivor: Thailand is on tape, it's already past. :)