1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What in the world? SL failed to record while in standby.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ScottJ, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottJ

ScottJ New Member

Mar 3, 2006
    The R15 goes into standby mode whenever I hit the TV off button.

I let it because the live buffer is of limited utility compared to the R10.

It has still be recording stuff as scheduled from standby ever since I installed it.

Well, this morning when I fired things up the record light blinks on and it records the last 7 minutes of Motor Week I have on a SL. It should have started 23 minutes earlier.

What gives? Do I need to reboot the thing?

2. ISWIZ

ISWIZ Icon

Nov 18, 2005
    Reboot might help. Was anything else recording at the time? Had both tuners been recording just before the show you requested? And, did the show appear in the TODO list last night?

3. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I had the same thing happen with the evening news about a week ago.

I deleted all instances of it from my to-do list, removed the recording request for it, then re-scheduled it by pressing R twice in the guide to get the R)) symbol.

Since then it has recorded properly. No other program has had this problem.

I don't know if I needed to clear it out and reprogram the SL, but I did.

Carl

4. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Just had this happen last night with My name is Earl. I was recording Amercian Idol ok, I put it in standby and then turned it on 4 mins into My name is Earl and the tuner was still on FOX on the OC, the other tuner was recording CSI so I had to change the channel to NBC and then it started recording My name is Earl. PLEASE DIRECTV FIX THIS BOX SO WE DON'T HAVE TO BABYSIT IT!!!!!!!!!

BTW this was after I had recreate the SL for the office and my name is Earl on tues.

5. ScottJ

ScottJ New Member

Mar 3, 2006
    I don't know if anything recorded before it. I was turning it on just after waking up and getting my morning coffee.

I also hadn't checked to do becase as Cabanaboy says I don't like having the babysit the machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.