1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is going on in the Seattle Market?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by glpohll, Jun 5, 2008.

1. glpohll

glpohll New Member

Nov 25, 2004
    All of the Seattle locals are out tonight on DirecTV....that includes the NBA playoffs. What gives?

2. Jandaria

Jandaria New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    I don't know why it happened, but it is just the SD channels, I'm watching the finals on KOMO 4 HD, you can also get it in SD on channel 387, they unblocked that national feed channel. I'm curious to know why it happened, too.

3. 1948GG

1948GG Icon

Aug 4, 2007
    Looks like a fiber cut, from the signal collection center (in the Westin Building downtown Seattle) to wherever the uplink for the SD locals is at (did go back to Castle Rock, but that may have changed in the last couple of years to LA perhaps).

Obviously, the HD stuff takes a different route, perhaps to a different uplink center.

4. bigboyman2

bigboyman2 Guest

May 6, 2008
    ABC DNS should be working for this particular instance. try 386 or 387 (SD, anyway. If you get HD, then your locals will still work)

5. OverThereTooMuch

OverThereTooMuch Almost a new member

Aug 18, 2006
    I've got the ABCE and ABCW feeds, and W feeds for CBS/NBC and I think FOX too. No CW or PBS feed. Don't know why they turned the one E feed on.

They've been out for a few hours, but I just noticed a few minutes ago that they updated the message on the screen to tell people what channels to turn to.

6. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I have SD channels hidden in the guide so didn't notice. I saw the message on SE9, however it just came back (11 and 16 are there also).

7. mikep554

mikep554 Legend

Feb 14, 2007
    Someone on the Dish side was complaining about them being out too, so it wasn't DirecTV's problem, it hit both providers. Interesting that the HD versions didn't go down as well.

8. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Impressive place, the Westin. I used to have a facility on the 34th floor. The building is wired for, and caters to, communications related endeavors.

Carl