What is the Dish definition of "rental"?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by pogo, Nov 18, 2018.

1. pogo

pogo AllStar

Oct 31, 2007
    I'm still in learning mode with Dish. I watched a couple of episodes I missed on VOD from two series on channels in my package and am now surprised to see them in "Dish Rentals". My definition of rentals includes a fee -- am I really going to billed for these? There was nothing to indicate that nor would I expect it.

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    No, anything you "rent" via IPVOD, will end up in your rental folder. That applies to both free content and content that has a cost.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Some things can be rented for a fee ... other things are rented for $0. DISH gives you the price at the beginning of the download.

4. pogo

pogo AllStar

Oct 31, 2007
    Thanks guys. I can live with that, although it's certainly strange terminology. I assumed that if something had a cost I'd be told, but the words "rented" and "rental" really through me off.

5. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Here is a twist, I had a "purchase" that was downloaded into a separate folder. I presume a purchase does not expire as opposed to a rental that has an end date. THe problem here is my DVR had to be replaced so I lost the "purchased" movie.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Have you tried to purchase the movie again? Check with DISH to see if your purchases are logged online and you can simply grab the movie again.