what is this code directv code 87-533?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by lacubs, Dec 15, 2019.

1. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    last night i when to download on demand and I got this code

thanks

2. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    87 means you are not connecting to the servers properly. 88 is what you want.
    Could be a firewall issue or you need to reload your plugins

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    87 Code Issue...The receiver successfully connects to the internet, but cannot connect to a specific DIRECTV server...The DIRECTV server may be unavailable or the customer's router could be blocking access...Broadband callback not successful, try again later...Cause/Resolution...Wait a few minutes and retry (Restore Defaults and then Connect Now)...If 87 still occurs, verify access to TV Apps, VOD, YouTube and inform the customer that they need to disable router Firewalls which may be blocking connections for DIRECTV services. Retry "CONNECT NOW" test to verify internet connectivity...If unsuccessful, escalate to DIRECTV ISS.

4. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    even know mine box says i am successful connected to the internet , i will wait a few days ,

5. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    There's more to it than being successfully connected to the internet. I gave you the possible cause and resolutions. You need to follow the resolution steps.

DishCSR likes this.
  6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Is it Just "ONE" show or can not you download any on-demand channel?
    If it's one show -it may be that server --Try another channel

7. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    it's all the channels, i just use it last week, and it's was fine , but i don't what happened , could i directv update done this? i can get to mind dirctv apps fine

8. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Suggestion -Using your remote --DO a Search all of CLEARMYBOX --then wait 24 to 48 hours and test again-- Sometimes when a NEW Firmware Download from D* is received -it can cause that and CLEARMYBOX can fix it

9. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    i think might do that one day this week , it's worth a shot

10. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    since Sunday i had on demand trying to download something, not until today they started , i don't what changed