1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What LMBs are needed for the 921?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by grandcanyon dave, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandcanyon dave

grandcanyon dave New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Help, I hooked up my new 921 to the existing LMB (it looks like an oblong rectangular white cover over the electronics, there were two outputs labeled 110 and 119 ) twin?? dual?? . I added another coaxial from the 110 to the #2 sat input. Now, I'm getting an error message. What IS MATRICES? What do I need to do?
    Does anyone have picture of the correct equipment?

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    There's plenty of pictures out there. You probably have a Twin - 2 outputs, one very wide 'eye'.

You ever hear of "Check Switch"? It's an important concept. Even though you don't have an external switch, it needs to be done. It builds the switch matrix.

Oh - when you reference an error message, it's considered good form to tell us what it is. (hint, hint).

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Moving to Dish DVR forum. This is a setup question, not a software question.

If you have a Twin LNB, then you need to connect 2 coax lines to the LNB, and connect the other ends to the 2 satellite connectors of the 921. Then you need to run a check switch. Go to the Menu, System Setup, Point Dish, Run Check Switch. Both tuners must be looking at the same satellites, so if that is not your setup, then you we need to know more about your existing equipment.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    and btw - LNBF = Low Noise downconvertor Block & Feedhorn

5. grandcanyon dave

grandcanyon dave New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Thanks for the input, tonight after work I'll get the exact error message. Part of the problem was a defective coax cable (that the check-switch tip revealed).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.