1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What new HD channels would you like to see?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by willy, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 8, 2004 #1 of 17
    willy

willy Legend

Jan 7, 2004
    What new HD channels would you like to see? Im not talking about ones that already exist (BravoHD), and NON-MOVIE channels. Other than IN-HD there doesnt seem to be much out there (that I can think of) that E* could snatch up.

2. Mar 8, 2004 #2 of 17
    ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    Christ ANYTHING on Dish by now!!!

3. Mar 8, 2004 #3 of 17
    BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Seriously, it's been 6 months since they added any..........

It must be that there is "NO compelling content out there" as Charlie said in 2003 on a Chat.

Uh, Cinemax HD, StarzHD, Bravo HD, Movie Channel HD, IN HD, to say nothing of the broadcast networks (Is a national Fox HD feed next when D* gets one?)

4. Mar 8, 2004 #4 of 17
    nuts4scuba

nuts4scuba AllStar

Jan 11, 2003
    People mention wanting INhd, but looking at their website it says it is available on cable only. I wonder if they will let the sat companies pick this up?

5. Mar 8, 2004 #5 of 17
    DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    VOOM just picked up PlayboyHD, can't wait...Saturday seems soooooo far away. :lol:

Seriously, I would love to have Sci Fi in HD.

6. Mar 8, 2004 #6 of 17
    willy

willy Legend

Jan 7, 2004
    Uh, I said non-movie channels. INHD is cable only. I dont want to have to pay $10-$15 for every movie package when I already spend $10 for the hd pack. People want more HD, and I was curious what they'd want within these lines.

7. Mar 8, 2004 #7 of 17
    mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    INHD has told me that they will sell their service to a satellite provider, but none have tried to make any sort of a contract with them, at this point. I wish both D* and E* would pick their great channels up.

8. Mar 8, 2004 #8 of 17
    garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    I thought InHD was owned by the major cable companies.

9. Mar 8, 2004 #9 of 17
    ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    InHD has alot of the same programming as HDNet.

10. dcarpa

dcarpa Cool Member

Dec 20, 2003
    I would say something that would show off the benefits of HD - like the travel channel or an adult HD channel (playboy is OK, but something not so commercial - i'd put a hold on the hard core HD for now, not sure if it will be more shock or more awe, sorry for the pun)

Actually - a simple program showing something like painting and scupltures and scenery without commercials - something for the background when good content isnt on

11. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    I would like InHD 1 and 2. What about Wealth TV? This is a new lifestyle HD channel.

12. mica618

mica618 Cool Member

Feb 28, 2004
    I vote for The Travel channel as what better way to see the world than in HD and sitting on your couch and not costing you anything except for the programming fee. :)

13. JohnGfun

JohnGfun Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 16, 2004
    I would like everything VOOM has. ( For that price )

14. codeman_00

codeman_00 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    I'd like to see all the major networks that I can't get.... NBC (HD), WB (HD), and Fox (HD). Most of you get these through an off air antenna, but I only have an ABC (HD) in my area. Luckily CBS-HD is available to me..otherwise I would really be without.

15. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    How about HD locals (not necessarily from within your DMA) without requiring a waiver? Even without this Viacom mess, I can't get CBS-HD from New York. I have lousy Grade B coverage from two different CBS affiliates! I suppose this is more a legal or FCC issue, though.

In any case, how about HD for the remaining movie channels which are available but not carried by Dish (e.g. Cinemax HD)? How about adding more channels to the HD Package without raising the price? I mean christ, ESPN-HD shows maybe a half dozen HD events a week; other than that it's premium priced "stretch vision"!

16. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    How about Nickelodeon, and other Viacom stations :lol:

17. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    Unless HD stands for "Hookup DirecTV", that's about as likely as the Mets making it to the Series this year. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.