What new HD stations and a question..

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by xcel, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcel

xcel Cool Member

Sep 13, 2004
    I have an installer coming out on tues to install my new dish. I have 2 rooms one has an old Samsung HD and the other a H-20. When I called to have them come out and put up my new dish (which they are doing for free) they wouldnt swap me out for a new H-20? They want to charge me $200 for it. Should they be helping me out? I have been a customer since 2002 and have never been late with a payment. I have the $99 Package and the HD package. Any ideas how to get the H-20 for free? My contract is up in December.

Also anyone know exactly what channels that will be avail when the new HD channels go live later this month?

Thanks!

2. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Are you asking about the H20 or the HR20 (DVR)? The H20 is only $99 anyway, so if they are saying $200, that would be $100 off the price of the HD DVR.

I'm guessing if you are talking the H20 HD RECEIVER, you should be able to make a deal to upgrade your Samsung to the H20 for free (unless that is how you got your current H20).

However, at this point I believe you would have to have the work order updated to include that and that may mean they have to cancel the original and redo it. That could mean you might get the same install date, or it might get pushed out.

3. xcel

xcel Cool Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Actually I was talking about the H-20. Wow, I guess they tried to pull a fast one on me. I will be calling them first thing Monday to fix this. Thanks for the reply.

4. dbmaven

dbmaven Icon

May 29, 2004
    Discussed here!

5. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    If something does get changed on the work order on Monday and you still have the Tuesday appointment, I would definitely try to get a hold of the install company and make sure they got the changes in the hands of the installer. Some installers posting on here have indicated that the work orders are sometimes accumulated a couple days in advance so the company can sort through and assign jobs, etc. and last minute changes sometimes aren't communicated. Meaning, if a new/different receiver is added at the last minute, the installer may not have the right thing on the truck because he didn't get the revised work order in time. Just a precaution.

Hope all goes well for you!

6. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Hall Of Fame

Jan 26, 2007
    If you can swing the HR20 (DVR), I would seriously consider doing it. It'll change your life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.