1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What no buffer?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by talkdj, Jun 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. talkdj

talkdj Mentor

Jan 21, 2007
    Dosen't the 722 buffer recordings? We were watching Letterman and my wife wanted to see the beginning of an interview he was doing. I had already started watching before she hit the record button. It only started recording from the time she hit the button and not when I started watching the show.

2. Dish97

Dish97 AllStar

Dec 19, 2009
    When you hit the record button, a box appears at the bottom of the screen. Select the "options" button and you can choose to start the recording from the beginning of the program. I actually like this system better. A lot of times I may only want to record a short segment of a program for later viewing and don't need to have the entire show recorded.

3. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Sounds like a useful option so I wondered if it might be available on the 622. The Options menu includes "Record Entire Event" but it is not active. Checked both my 622s, one on L633 and one on L635. Inactive on both. Hope Dish activates this option in the next upgrade.

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    That option will not be available unless the beginning of the program is in the buffer.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah.. once you decide to record, the decision is made... anything before that point in the buffer is trashed.

You can always rewind to the beginning of the buffer before hitting record, and may need to do so in some cases anyway, to catch everything that was in the buffer.

6. bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    As an alternative, you can hit rewind and go back to the beginning, or other point of your choosing. You can then record from there. This is only good for as much as is currently in the buffer, of course. ;)

7. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    And the good thing about this method is you will know for sure where the recording starts, then after the recording starts you can skip (or fast) forward to catch back up with where you started the rewind..unless your wife forces you to watch it all again....:lol: