1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What wrong with the background in the guide and list?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Rtm, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    The second line in the list and guide has some background weirdness? I've been thinking it would get fixed with software update after update but it just ended up changing the way the mess up looks.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    A screen shot might be useful.

3. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    That looks like dithering (a technique to get more colors from few colors) in the artwork of the gradient.

I don't have access to a DIRECTV receiver until Monday so I can't confirm.

5. Dan B

Dan B Legend

Mar 6, 2007
    That's the way the HD guide looks up close. Mine appears the same.

6. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    I don't see the artifacts on my display as in the pictures posted above. My guide is displayed in 1080P (up converted by my AVR). Perhaps display resolution plays a role?

7. Dan B

Dan B Legend

Mar 6, 2007
    Just checked and I see it in 720p, 1080i, & 1080p. Mostly noticeable on the second line of the guide. Pretty much exactly like Rtm's screenshots. If I watch the background of the guide right after pressing the guide button, I see other spots, too. It is not a smooth background.

8. shmengie

shmengie Godfather

Apr 12, 2007
    City of Angels
    I had to look REAL close, but I've got it, too. Not as pronounced as the OP, but it's there.