1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the deal with this "Protection Plan" ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Hooterville, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Hooterville

Hooterville AllStar

Jul 11, 2010
    I get this flyer in the mail saying that I signed up for Directv Protection Plan at $5.99 a month.
    I call them up and they say I have no protection plan but yet it shows up on my latest bill.
    $105.00 a month for two HD TV's is high enough.
    If I'm paying for leased receivers why would I need a protection plan?
    I thought the dish and receivers were already covered by DirecTV.

Am I wrong?

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    The Dish isn't, or wiring. You own that. If a receiver goes bad, you pay shipping for the replacement, PP that is waived. You'd also pay for aiming service calls.

Generally if you get the PP and cancel within a certain time frame (90 days I think), there is a cancellation fee.

3. Hooterville

Hooterville AllStar

Jul 11, 2010
    I never ordered the protection plan.
    Just received a flyer in the mail saying that I have it.

please delete this post as I found my answer in the search.
    Should have searched first but my brain in not working tonight.

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    No need to have the post deleted. Post the answer here that you found in case it might help out someone else.

- Merg

5. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    No, the offer is this. When you sign up, there is a 30 day no claim period. If you cancel during that time, there's no cancellation fee. Once it goes into effect there is an one time cancellation fee of $10 ($6 in California and Illinois) until the anniversary date. Then you can cancel with no penalty or renew.