1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with Guide in iOS app?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JerryMeeker, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:56 PM.

1. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    When I look at the guide in the iOS app, I get this:

Guide2.PNG

It should look like this:

Guide1.JPG

What is going on here? Did I accidentally flip the Spanish switch on?

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Wow yeah! Somewhere a setting got hit that made it all read in Spanish. I can’t recall where that is but it’s in the page somewhere. Maybe a settings icon somewhere?

3. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    OK, I have figured out what is wrong. The Spanish titles are for guide entries in the 400-499 channel range. The entire guide seems to be shifted downward. If I scroll down far enough, I can see the current HBO ch 501 program “Boxing” appearing next to channel 606 in the app guide. Very strange and obviously screwed up. I tried killing and re-opening the app and re-booting the iPad, but nothing helps. I’ll call DTV support tomorrow AM.

4. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Talked to DTV and they haven’t a clue what is going on. Uninstalled nd re-installed the app, no change. Very weird.

5. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Still not fixed. Either I am the only one experiencing this issue, or I am the only one who ever uses the DTV iOS app. Or no one else cares...

6. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Just checked, I’m having the same issue

7. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Thank you for checking. It's always nice to know I am not the only one.

8. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    After going in myself just now and checking, wow, it is totally hosed. No matter which setting I use either, all channels, my channels, by channel number of by a-z.

It doesn’t seem like the channels names on the left line up right with the grid not he right either.

9. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Ok interesting, I closed the app and restarted it, and went in again, and now it’s fine. I did do one thing different though, I scrolled through the channels manually this time, instead of using the numbers on the right side to skip ahead quickly. Very odd.

10. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Never mind, still broken for me.

11. alexcue

alexcue Cool Member

Nov 21, 2005
    My iPad was bad too... In a pinch used the iPhone app.

12. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Same here, on my app the problem seemed to be caused by using the numbers on the right.

13. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    The Mobile app is one of the worst products I've ever tried to use (Slacker MP3 radio was a close 2nd).

I use mine all the time for downloading shows, but it is painful. Not like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video. Those two just work. Everytime.