1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheeling,wv locals

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by weirdude2304, May 16, 2010.

1. weirdude2304

weirdude2304 Legend

Oct 9, 2004
    Will directv offer wheeling,wv locals anytime soon? If not will the new legislation passed by congress allow directv to offer youngstown or pittsburgh locals since wheeling's aren't available yet?
    thanks for the help

2. Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky Godfather

Feb 22, 2008
    I wish I knew but I have been watching this issue for a few years now (Shadyside) but don't think there is any answer yet. Lucky for me I was able to put up an antennae to get WTRF and WTOV. I have HD DNS ABC and FOX. I was also lucky enough to get ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX SD DNS East and West. I love having the west feeds for some things.

3. weirdude2304

weirdude2304 Legend

Oct 9, 2004
    well wtrf shouldn't be a problem for anyone in weirton because no one that i know of can get wtrf for some reason here.

4. VARTV

VARTV Godfather

Dec 14, 2006
    Virginia...
    Wheeling was announced today as a new market coming in 4Q!

5. j2fast

j2fast Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
  6. rbrt67

rbrt67 Cool Member

May 25, 2010
    I am a tech in the wheeling area. We are being told they will launch in November. We are planning on being extremely busy then, as I have had hundreds of cancellations for no other reason than locals. I have a feeling the local cable companies will lose quite a few customers. Hard wired cable television is almost becoming a dead technology.

7. Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky Godfather

Feb 22, 2008
    Yea I know I have tried to get friends to sign up for Directv bu the Locals thing has always been the sticking point. Maybe I can finally start getting referrals and start making the 100 incentive Directv offers.

8. Aug 5, 2010 #9 of 10
    mtn-eer

mtn-eer New Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I am a former Direct TV tech ot of Pittsburgh I live in the Wheeling area and I am looking for work

9. Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky Godfather

Feb 22, 2008
    It is now October and according the Directv's website we should get our locals in November. Is there any information re: when in November this may occur?