1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Can I Cancel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by toobs, Sep 25, 2018.

1. toobs

toobs Legend

Oct 10, 2012
    Hi, I've had Directv since 2012 and regretfully, I want to cancel the service. This month is my last month for my contract to be over. Actually, my card is going to be charge in a few days. Can I cancel anytime after that before my next billing cycle starts on October 21st?

2. grover517

grover517 AllStar DBSTalk Club

Sep 29, 2007
    Call and ask for your contract termination date. You will be transferred to retention, who as I understand are the only reps able to access that info. That way you know for sure when your contract is actually up. Last time I called to simply get may termination date, they gave me over 80.00/mo. in discounts without my even asking. But if you still want to terminate, there is nothing stopping you from doing so now but you would be charged 20.00/mo. for any months (partial or not) left.

3. toobs

toobs Legend

Oct 10, 2012
    After they charge my CC in a few days, my contract will be up. Can I cancel anytime after that and not wait until my billing cycle ends on the 21st?

4. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    You can cancel whenever you want. They pro-rate the last bill for however many days you had service and you will only get charged for that portion, or if you already paid you will get a partial refund.

VaJim likes this.