1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where are the dishnet guys?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by wallyman, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallyman

wallyman Cool Member

Nov 25, 2005
    I havent been around in along time and just remembered about this site. I remember a few years back there were tons of dish network guys to help. Now it seems everything is direct tv related on this site.
    Is this my imagination or am i missing out.
    I know a few weeks back my dishnet stopped showing the voom package and am a little bit upset.
    I think im on the wrong boat.
    I want to ask a honest question from someone with both services if possible.
    I love my 625 dual tuner. Is there something that i can get for direct tv that is close to the same?
    im tired of dish networks bull crap.
    I also own a 622. My Voom was pulled from me about a month ago without any notice. I got dish and Voom cuz it wasnt offered to direct. I got dish cuz it was different and not main stream. I can watch mainstream in SD.
    Can someone give me honest opinion if i should switch services. This i think it has been last straw for me. Ill gladly give more money if they have a nice easy unit as the 625 or the 622. I love dish pvr dont get me wrong.
    what would be equivalent?

2. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Take a look at the main forum index page - there are several DISH forums here at DBSTalk, so I'm sure you'll find some help if you post in a specific DISH forum ...

http://www.dbstalk.com/index.php?

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    No Directv dosen't make a 625 or a 622 or a 722 those are DISH concieved DVRs Directv has the R15/16 as similar to 625 and HR20/21 as similar to 622/722. D* dosen't output 2 separate channels but they are 2 tuners with a single output. Directv dosen't save you $5 for using a coax output to a second TV but they only charge 1 $5.99DVR fee per account not a $5.98 fee for each DVR on the account.

4. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Dish Net Guys are still here, As are many other knowledgeable others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.