Where is my coax junction box?

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by Matthew Craig, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Matthew Craig

Matthew Craig New Member

Jun 26, 2019
    I live in a triple wide manufactured home. There was Coax ran by my ISP to the walls of each room with a wall plate, but I cant for the life of me find the Junction box for all of the cables. I have looked outside along the exterior wall, and in every place it could possibly be. I have Dish satellite TV, and they ran their own Coax outside of the home. I need to access the junction box and cable ran by my ISP to change the location of my internet modem to another room. Any suggestions on where it could be?

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Check near the opening of the crawl space.

Rich likes this.
  3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Good thought!

Rich

4. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    If its a trailer it will likely be under the house grounded to the trailer frame somewhere.

5. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Contact your cable internet company,let them find it.

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Seeing how your only 14 I'd check with your parents before making any changes.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    or make it quick before they're realize what you up to ;)

8. WaCabletech

WaCabletech New Member

Jun 10, 2019
    In most cases the splitter will be in one of 2 places, under the trailer (I wish it be at the crawl space entrance but likely not) or near the separated power meter post.

Tools needed
    Either 2 pairs of small pliers (not jewelry or needle nose just standard pliers capable of covering 7/16" to 9/16" for normal drops sometimes hardline will require bigger tools) or one pair of pliers and a 7/16" open ended wrench.

Do not try to break the things they will I assure you aluminum fittings are not that strong, but use your wrists to loosen it and snug it back up.

Also wear a hoodie or covering you do not care about as if you have to crawl in you will get covered in all kinds of stuff. Spider webs, dryer lint, etc...