1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the Amazon App for the ATVs?

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by Rich, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Nov 7, 2017 #1 of 16
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    What happened to the Amazon App for the ATVs? Last thing I read was we'd get it after the new FTV box came out, and here we are a couple weeks from that event. I have heard nothing, has anybody?

Rich

2. Nov 7, 2017 #2 of 16
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    my head is spinning ...
    - is atv mean aplle tv ?
    - is ftv mean FIOS tv ?
    - is "Amazon App" for Smart TV or DTV boxes ?

3. Nov 7, 2017 #3 of 16
    inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    No one seems to know. The rumors are always about amazon wanting to get their new fire stuff out and selling well first. Just dumb imho because I will never buy one of those things so it’s just keeping me from watching their stuff now.

4. Nov 7, 2017 #4 of 16
    lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Yeah, I’ve seen so many rumored dates for its release that I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t care much anymore.

My TiVo Bolt has Amazon, Netflix, Hulu and a few others. For the first three I can do a series link on them and it handles it just fine. My ATV4K is now relegated to iTunes stuff and a handful of channel specific apps that don’t have their shows on Hulu, Amazon or Netflix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5. Nov 8, 2017 #5 of 16
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    OMG!

Rich

6. Nov 8, 2017 #6 of 16
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I was sure you'll "unpack" your acronyms, but ...

7. Nov 8, 2017 #7 of 16
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Have you read the reviews on the new FTV 4K box? Pretty dismal, kinda like the PQ I got from the one I bought. If Amazon is waiting for good reviews on their newest box before putting the app on the ATVs...I'm not gonna hold my breath. On the other hand my FTV2 box, which also does 4K, works quite well. I suppose I could just buy another FTV2 for the other 4K TV set. I wouldn't be having this problem if that new Amazon box had worked correctly.

Rich

8. Nov 8, 2017 #8 of 16
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'm pretty sure you read most of my posts and I have explained them in the past. But, here's what those acronyms (I'm also pretty sure you know what they are) mean. ATV=Apple TV, FTV=Fire TV box. Now about your question regarding the Amazon app. I'm not gonna explain that, read the very first sentence in my OP and you will understand. Geez, this is all about context, read the posts.

Rich

9. Nov 8, 2017 #9 of 16
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    may be I got, may be not ...
    perhaps the "Amazon app" should be running on AFTV itself ? or on any tablet ? or on a smartphone ? or iphone ?
    I've no such gadget and do try to get grip of new info for me ...

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Well, here's the OP: What happened to the Amazon App for the ATVs? Last thing I read was we'd get it after the new FTV box came out, and here we are a couple weeks from that event. I have heard nothing, has anybody?

Those sentences I highlighted seem pretty clear. Why are you confused and if you really don't have any similar devices why would you care?

Rich

11. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    I felt suckered from that Oct 26 rumor and kept checking my ATVs App Store. I also have a fire tv stick but it's old an slow. I tend to glance at Prime content occasionally on my iPad, but I look at all other services regularly on my ATV.

While I do love my Alexa devices, I'd rather use my ATV for video content. So I'll keep hoping for the Prime app to appear. Btw, another way to check is to search Apple TV on Amazon

12. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Been doing that since October 26. To top everything off, I can't find the new 4K ATVs on sale (Black Friday sales) anywhere...I must be patient. I know I'll get one around Thanxgiving. If I have to pay the full $179...so be it. I got $50 off the last Black Friday sale two years ago on the 64GB version, which was a bad buy, I should have purchased the 32GB version...would have been only ~ $100. Live and learn.

Rich

13. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    I haven't updated my 65 plasma yet to 4K, but I will in the coming months. So I'll be looking for a deal on the ATV 4K. Just curious, how can I tell how much of my 32 GB I've used?

14. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Not sure how you do that, but I've never seen the need to check. I've had the 64GB version for two years and not one notice about capacity. I wasted 50 bucks buying that thing, shoulda got the 32GB version.

Rich

15. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'm not even sure what the "storage" is for, my son thinks it's for apps.

Rich

16. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Correct, just for apps. Since I'm not a gamer I only have about 30 apps installed. Even then I could likely delete 25 of those without any inconvenience. But I sure do look forward to having Prime Video on there. And both companies know that.

Rich likes this.