1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the SiriusXM Bluetooth cradle? (SXBTD1V1)

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by djlong, Mar 28, 2018.

1. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I'm buying a Tesla Model 3 and I have had a lifetime SiriusXM subscription since 2006. I've yet to transfer the subscription.

Tesla appears to have NOT put a SiriusXM tuner in their new Model 3 so I need my own solution. Streaming from the phone would work but:

1) I do drive through some cellular dead areas
    2) I hate the UI of the app on my phone. Speaking as a software designer (apps, website and more) for 35 years, my rating of the iOS app's UI is that "Yea, verily it doth suck mightily".

So, looking at something I can install in the car, I see the Onyx radio that looks like a nice upgrade over the SkyFi units I used to use. Searching more, I find the SXBTD1V1 car cradle with Bluetooth on some sites - but it doesn't seem to be actually for sale anywhere and I can't find any information about it.

What happened?

2. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Sirius XM does have an FM Direct Adapter that takes an audio signal from the dock. The car antenna lead plugs into a female socket and a male lead then feeds to the radio. When the xm radio is powered up, it feeds the signal directly to the car radio. When it's powered down, the car radio receives normal broadcast bands. The unit is FMDA25 and is available from Best Buy, Amazon and Walmart.