1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's all the networks (CBS, NBC, FOX) OnDemand ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Incog-Neato, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Incog-Neato

Incog-Neato Godfather

Apr 21, 2006
    Why doesn't DirecTV have the standard network programming on O.D.? Is it a licensing or a bandwidth issue? Didn't they have some NBC stuff for short while (although it was PPV which made no sense and why it is probably gone).

2. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    The networks have their own "On Demand" services and probably don't want to give up the "eyes" at their own sites. Is anyone offering network fare as "On Demand" ? I haven't heard if it is available. If I miss a network show you can usually get it from the network web site.

3. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    NBC had the Olympics but nothing else that I know of.

4. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    NBC was offering episodes of '30 Rock' and 'The Office' as well prior to the Olympics.

5. Incog-Neato

Incog-Neato Godfather

Apr 21, 2006
    Comcast offers a number of CBS, NBC and ABC (no FOX) series in their OnDemand.

6. Incog-Neato

Incog-Neato Godfather

Apr 21, 2006
    Yea, but you have to watch it on your PC screen. (I know, you can output it to your TV with the right card but that's too much of a hassle). There's always USENET to roll your own I guess. :)

7. kw2957

kw2957 Godfather

Apr 4, 2008
    Don't forget Heroes!

8. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    And also don't forget they charged you a fee for everything they had OD. Why should I pay twice for repeats ? Comcast CBS OD is Free, if you can really call anything free these days. The only OD I feel they should charge you extra for are PPV Movies, all else should be included with your package.

9. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I really do not have a problem paying a small fee to get a network show on Demand especially if I missed it. If they could expand their collection to include classic shows from the given network as well, it would make it that much better