1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVR for my situation

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by khearrean, Jun 4, 2010.

1. khearrean

khearrean Godfather

Mar 24, 2004
    S.E. Texas
    I currently have (2) 211k receivers & have never had a DVR. I have started considering getting one however. I don't need a dual unit & would only care about replacing the 211k that's in our main viewing room. Given that info, which HD DVR would be my best choice keeping in mind I don't care about SlingBox? I would prefer the unit that will give me the best features, OTA locals & yield the best PQ. FYI: I have an older model Winegard Sensor II amplified OTA antenna to pick up my Beaumont locals..actually it gets it's amplification through the SAT receiver, so I'd want to be able to do the same with the new DVR. Just in case this info might be important to know.

Ken

2. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Get an USB external drive pay the one tinme $40 fee and turn both of your 211's into DVR's with no monthly DVR feem

3. khearrean

khearrean Godfather

Mar 24, 2004
    S.E. Texas
    I know this will sound stupid, but I assume the USB external drive is unique & must be bought thru Dish...IOW's, this is not something that's available off-the-shelf at a typical retail electronics store I assume?

Ken

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    You might want to do a little research on this forum for external hard drives.

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
  6. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    A dual reciever (622/722/722k) gives you PiP functionality even when you only hook up one TV. In addition, you can record multiple programs at one time while watching a recorded one... more if you get a 722k with OTA modules. Plus, they all support USB2 EHDs. It's just one option.