Which HD receivers work with MRV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ahab, Jun 19, 2009.

1. ahab

ahab Cool Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Sorry if this has been answered already, but we have newborn twins and my time is a bit tight :)

Want to hook up another TV at home. Currently have two HR-20s, and figure I don't need a third DVR. If I get an HD receiver from DTV, will it definitely work with MRV when that starts being available? Or do any certain models support it?

Thanks,
    Jon

2. RobertE

RobertE Active Member

Jun 9, 2006
    The information you seek can be found here

3. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Currently we are expecting the H21+ models to support MRV. The H20 doesn't have an ethernet port.

Then again, more DVRs doesn't hurt. After the start up fee, they cost the same... :)

Cheers,
    Tom

4. ahab

ahab Cool Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Installer is here now with a refurbished H20. And without the multiswitch I told the CS rep I needed five separate times.

5. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    I guess you can reschedule and see if the next tech brings a H21 or H23 AND the MS. Or demand a tech sup with both of those

6. ahab

ahab Cool Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Someone is supposed to come tomorrow with the multiswitch, and I asked for an H21 as well. For now, I had him disconnect one line from one of the HR-20s so we could get the new TV up and running.

7. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    Good luck on that. They brought me a H20 as well quite some time ago and said that was all they had and could not get the H21. This was about 4 mths ago. Finally the H20 died and they sent me a H21-200 so I could get networked. The best way to do it is go buy it at best buy and then call them to do the install. I will do that from now on. Let us know if you get the H21.