1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you think will win the World Cup?

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by ravinpat, Feb 2, 2006.

1. ravinpat

ravinpat AllStar

Jan 20, 2004
    I think if England can get pass Brazil in the Semi's I fancy them to win it all. What does everyone think? How good is Italy this year? Do you think they will come out of their group even?

I like the US team, shame they got a rough draw.

2. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    I like Brazil to win but think this is Argentina's year. If not Brazil than I would like in order Portugal, Mexico or USA. The reason I don't have USA first is because you got to pay your dues first.

3. Notorious

Notorious AllStar

Aug 17, 2005
    I am a Brazilian and American citizen, so wither one would be great. But this year I would really like the US to win though that is very unlikely. I should be watching all 64 games in High Def which will be great!

4. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    I think the Seahawks are going to take it all.

5. ravinpat

ravinpat AllStar

Jan 20, 2004
    Love watching football in HD. I could see the US comming out of their group obviuosly at the expense of Italy or Chez. That team is good.

I think it will be hard to stop Brazil, they dismantled Germany and Argentina last year in the confederations cup. I think maybe only England can stop them. If they play up to their potential. Only 4 mths now.

6. Oompah

Oompah Cool Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Argentina lost to Croatia 3-2 (!) last week and Germany was crushed 4-1 by Italy(!!) Are the Italians really that good? Is Germany in trouble, or did they just have a bad day? Were they sandbagging? USA beat Poland 1-0 in a second-half snowstorm; the Poles looked like they were better in the first half, but the USA got it together in the second.

Also, Czech tied Turkey (after blowing a 2-goal lead late) and Ghana lost 1-0 to Mexico. Both of these are good signs for Italy and the USA. Turkey didn't qualify for the WC this time.

These were just "friendly" matches, of course, and YMMV. Still, it was an "International" date, so all players were allowed for call-up and most of the WC-bound teams used the opportunity to help decide on their WC rosters, so the players all had a lot at stake.

Group E could realistically end (I'm hoping) 1. Italy, 2. USA, 3. Cz, 4. Ghana. Beyond that, in the later stages, who knows?

Maybe I'll be watching in HD! Hope so.

7. George_T

George_T Legend

Sep 19, 2002
    You know, with the line-up that the Dominicans will have from 1-9, I think that they have to be the favorites to win the WC of Baseball! ;)

8. ravinpat

ravinpat AllStar

Jan 20, 2004
    I didn't realize Italy was that good, to demolish Germany like that 4-1. They will win their group no problem, then its a huge dog fight between the US and Chech. I have to give the edge to the eastern europeans.

I think Germany is done, I bet they end up getting knocked out in the second round by Sweeden or England.