Who will win the Fan Poll on Thursday?

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by invaliduser88, May 10, 2004.

Who will the fans award one million dollars to this Thursday

1. Alicia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Amber

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Colby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ethan

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Jenna L.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Jenna M.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jeri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Kathy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Lex

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  10. Richard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Rob C.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  12. Rob M.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Rudy

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  14. Rupert

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  15. Shii Ann

42 vote(s)
    84.0%
  16. Susan

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  17. Tina

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  18. Tom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Who will the fans award a million dollars to?

I was tempted to make this a one item poll, but let's be impartial! :grin:

2. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    "Rubert" s/b "Rupert"

3. invaliduser88

Apr 23, 2002
    oops... :uglyhamme

4. buzzdalf

buzzdalf Godfather

Jan 27, 2003
    It's like CBS saw Rupert wasn't going to win so they decided to create a way for him to still get a million.
    I smell a conspiracy :)

I voted for Rupert btw :))

5. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Fixed. - Holtz

I voted for Rupert, although Rudy comes a close second.

If we created a poll on who is least deserving to win a million dollars, again, I think Boston Rob would be on top, followed by Amber. Jerri and Sue would also rank pretty low.

6. goodcableguy

goodcableguy Legend

Feb 19, 2004
    What can say but Rupert but I think another Million should go to Big Tom. Had to say that for the older generation.

7. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    If we created a poll on who is least deserving to win a million dollars, again, I think Boston Rob would be on top

I definately disagree here. I think Rob was "robbed". He should have won the million last night, as he played the best game. Not only did he do his best physically to keep his team in a power position, but he also played the best mental game, getting everyone to think he was their best shot to the final two.

Rob played a hard game, winning immunity after immunity. If not for him, Chapera would have lost most of their challenges rather than winning them. Episode 1 and 2, his strength certainly didn't hurt Chapera. Episode 3, he pretty much single handedly won the reward by designing the best shelter. Episode 5, he again almost single handedly won the balance beam race, and his own team recognized this and purposely leapt off to give him the chance to win it for them. Episode 7, Rob again pulls out victory by beating Ethan in the run to raise the flag. Episode 8, Robs poorly aimed shot proved he wasn't Robin Hood, but still won them immunity again.

During individual competitions, Rob won 4 of the 7 individual immunities. In a critical competition against Lex, Rob came from behind to win it. He was obviously best able to push through the pain.

Rob's critical flaw was that he couldn't keep his mouth shut during the post boot tribal council. The bootees all saw what Rob had to say about them, and this I think is what did him in. If he'd been a bit more contrite, I think he would have 750K more dollars in his pocket this morning. Its not like anybody in the competetion didn't know he was a scoundrel, but he rubbed it in their face.

I'm voting for him on this one too, although I think Rupert will probably win it.

8. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    Rob played the game. Tina would be least deserving, since she was there only a few days and has won before. :)

9. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    :soapbox:

Boy, w/all those votes going to Rupert, it's clear some spoiler site's got him down for winning this. Doesn't give us non-spoiler guys a chance, but hey, at least this time maybe I'll get one right. Man, how those spoiler people get their information is beyond me. Someone in production must've let this slip through the cracks. I can't believe Mark Burnett -- oh. Wait. Voting's not even over. Never mind.

:blush:

10. invaliduser88

Apr 23, 2002
    In the end, it's a social games as well as a physical game. Rob couldn't play the social part and it cost him.

11. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    And Amber played it very well, as my wife pointed out. She (Amber, not my wife) was befriending the jury before she voted them out, doing things like braiding someone's hair (I forget who), etc. While Rob was playing to make it to the final two, Amber was assuming she'd get there and was playing to the jury. Looks like it worked.

12. invaliduser88

Apr 23, 2002
    Maybe we should put one up just for the fun of it!

13. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Bingo. Be definition Amber played the game the best ultimately...she won. Rob definitely was the leader in physical challenges, but he wasn't the best player. He failed as you said in the social games.

14. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    I voted for Rupbert, if jenna would have had any sense he would have made it further.

15. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Sorry, but in Survivor the best player does not always win. Would be nice but that is not case.. Can you say.. Vesopia, Jenna M. and Sandra. I would possible put Ethan there. Three out of the four votes for Amber was not a vote for Amber but a vote against Rob. Jenna would have gotten the same three votes and so would have Tom and Rubert. In my opinion based on what they said during their interviews. This fact alone indicates that they vote does not indicate who played the best game and show Survivor has a problem on their hands.

There is a Social aspect of the game for sure, but there is also problems with the whole Survivor process. If there wasn't you would not have had some of the screwy outcomes that you have had. It happens in all reality shows and it actually would be a good topic for a thread discussion. My guess is the Jenna M. had a bit of campaigning going on behind the scenes from Heidi. I don't think any one had a 6-1 vote for that show. Also.. 4 vote to 3 for Clay agains Brian. Ouch!!!

Lex, Tom, and Alicia did not vote for who they thought played the game the best. They voted against Rob because Rob outwitted them and hurt their ego.. Simple as that. The one I don't get is Alicia. Why is she so angry?

Anyway... it has been two survivors with very bad outcomes. Jenna M. winning against mathew 6-1. Give me a break! Amber is much better of an outcome but to say she played the game the best, is going a bit far. The winner is not always the person that earned it. The only person on that Jury that in my opinion did a far job an analysing it was Shi-ann. I disagree with her choice, but she analyzed the game and gave it to who she thought was deserving. Rubert and Jeanna I am not sure. But the other three... All I can say is Losers!!! They should all get matching L's on there heads. ;)

Lets hope Survivor 9 is better!!

16. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    The one I don't get is Alicia. Why is she so angry?

Rob shook her hand and promised he wouldn't write her name down and she believed him. Simple as that.

I can see why she and Tom are angry. Being stabbed in the back when you don't see it coming is hurtful.

The person who least deserves to hold a grudge against Rob is Lex. Rob actually told him prior to the vote that he was going, and he treats it like he was stabbed in the back. The truth is Lex is the most dispicable player out there. He turned on his allies because he thought he had a better chance making deals with the enemy. He's a regular Benedict Arnold. He deserved to be voted.

17. invaliduser88

Apr 23, 2002
    In the end the player has to understand that the winner will be decided by people that they had a hand in getting rid of. They need to take this into account when interacting with them socially. Rob was a smart @ss and it cost him the vote he needed to win. Instead of try to balance the betrayal with with some sympathy, Rob was telling everyone "Your safe" and then *WACK*.

Bad feelings were inevidable, there are no rules against the jury voting based on what ever criteria they want. If they want to vote against a player out of spite, let them. Maybe it will give future players pause and consider the results of these types of actions and try to play a more balanced game. This isn't a game of just who is most physical and can win the most challenges. There is the social aspect that takes over in the end.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. :D:bonk1:

18. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002

Well, if Rupert and Jenna and others had been smarter, a few days earlier in the game, they could have made it further but IMO, Jenna made the right decision. She was faced with a choice between a tie and probable one-in-three odds of going home #4 or jumping to Rob and Amber's side and assuring her a place in the final 3, where she could at least control her own destiny.

19. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    Yep. Remember what's-his-name from the very first one who didn't like either of the final two, so he asked them to pick a number and voted for whoever was closest to "7"?

New question: Why did everyone assume the tie-breaker was drawing a rock? Every time there've been tie-breakers in the past, they've had different rules, and one thing about Survivor is you should never expect anything. And in all cases, they were given a chance to re-vote before it went to the tie-breaker anyway. If I were in Jenna's position, I'd vote w/Rupert for Rob, find out what the tie-breaker was, and then make my decision as to what to on the re-vote.

20. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Why did everyone assume the tie-breaker was drawing a rock?

Yup, I think that was a bad assumption too. I don't know of a single fan who liked the purple rock tie-breaker, so I doubt they would use it again. It was just too random. A better tie breaker would be some sort of sudden death competition played right then and there between the tied contestants. Two people enter, only one leaves. ;)

If I were in Jenna's position, I'd vote w/Rupert for Rob, find out what the tie-breaker was, and then make my decision as to what to on the re-vote.

Yes, that would have been the smart thing to do... but as the contest goes into the final stretch its amazing how dumb these folks begin to get. If anything, this show certainly does prove how a good diet contributes to mental health.