1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whole Home DVR "Not Eligible"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kennedyj, Aug 25, 2013.

1. kennedyj

kennedyj Cool Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Hi,

I had an equipment upgrade/swap this weekend from 1 HR24 and 2x H25s to 1 HR44, 1 HR24, and 1 c41 Genie Mini. Whole Home was working perfectly when the installer was here (I could see and manipulate the shared playlists). A couple hours after the installer left, I could no longer see the playlist on the HR24 from the HR44 and vice versa. The whole home DVR service status is "Not Authorized" on both DVRs. I've spent about 3 hours on the phone with directv support sat/sun and they insist the the Whole Home DVR service shows active on the account. Interestingly, when I log into my account info on the website, it shows that I am "Not Eligible" for the Whole Home DVR service. Huh??? Does this make any sense at all? Thanks for any help or insight.

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    It appears that there is a glitch on DirecTV'e end where the HR44 does not appears as an HDDVR but rather as "unknown" since this leaves you with just one receiver for WHDVR then it would appear that you are not eligible

3. kennedyj

kennedyj Cool Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Yes! That's exactly it! The HR44 shows up as unknown on the My Equipment link. Any ideas on how to help them fix the glitch?

4. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    That's what I thought;

Seems another poster complained of the same thing in this thread and had to setup a "phantom" DVR account as a temporary fix until DIRECTV fixes the problem.

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/207328-genie-44-with-hr21-setup-question/

Perhaps the TS should post there to merge the issue into one thread.

5. kennedyj

kennedyj Cool Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Thanks guys! Great info. I give DirecTV a call back with this info.

6. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Let us know what they say.

7. kennedyj

kennedyj Cool Member

Jul 24, 2006
    UGH...... Escalated to Technical rep who escalated to Supervisor who flat out refused to attempt the adding of a "phantom" receiver onto account (even as a test). They don't believe me or the information on this forum. I am very frustrated and don't know exactly what my next step is. I'll probably try to describe via email to technical support the scenario. Maybe that way the info can get forwarded up the chain enough that someone will understand.

8. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I say call the access card department. They are the ones usually that have the power to change what a device is listed as in the system, which is what you truly need to have done.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

9. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Have you restarted all units? Called in to re-activate the receivers?

10. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I believe their direct number is 877-887-7994.

11. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    If DIRECTV thinks that WHDS isn't available because of the receiver configuration (the HR44 not being considered a DVR), reboots and re-hits aren't going to fix the problem.

12. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    If that's the problem, you may have a point. OTOH.....

13. kennedyj

kennedyj Cool Member

Jul 24, 2006
    I haven't been able to successfully communicate the issue to anyone over the phone despite multiple attempts. I get the sense that everyone I've spoken to thinks I'm a crazy person. ;) But thanks to this forum we have some things cooking behind that scenes will hopefully bring some resolution.

14. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Oh well ...

When all else fails this way, you just have to resort to the "911" service for frustrated customers.

Just fill out the form which sends to the OOTP (Ellen Filipiak's group) and they'll get back to you fast. May even call you directly.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4960016

15. kennedyj

kennedyj Cool Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Oh well ...

When all else fails this way, you just have to resort to the "911" service for frustrated customers.

Just fill out the form which sends to the OOTP (Ellen Filipiak's group) and they'll get back to you fast. May even call you directly.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4960016

Thanks for the tip. DirecTV has reached out to me through the forum now so hopefully we won't need to escalate that far.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

16. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Ok good. I still am curious if you ever talked to the access card dept though.

17. kennedyj

kennedyj Cool Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Ok good. I still am curious if you ever talked to the access card dept though.

I did not contact the access card folks yet. I started getting contacted through PM by directv around the time when I was going to make that call. So I thought I'd give them an opportunity to resolve. I will post what the solution is here as soon as I know something.

18. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    I did not contact the access card folks yet. I started getting contacted through PM by directv around the time when I was going to make that call. So I thought I'd give them an opportunity to resolve. I will post what the solution is here as soon as I know something.

sounds good. If it was someone here ill bet it'll get fixed. ;). Access people are just great at weird stuff usually and this is a weird one!!!

19. Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    I wish I had this problem, then I wouldn't have to pay $3/mth for something I will never use.