1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whole Home DVR problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jimd909, Oct 20, 2012.

1. jimd909

jimd909 AllStar

Sep 30, 2007
    1 - HR-34
    1 - HR-24
    1 - Client

The HR-24 can see what is recorded on the HR-34, but the HR-34 cannot see what is recorded on the HR-24.

Both are set up to share playlist.

I called tech support and they want to send out the tech. I'm waiting on the call to schedule it.

Anyone know why this is happening?

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Have you reset all the receivers?

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    are you checking the playlist from the HR34 itself and not the C31 clients?

the clients will not see the HR24 playlist.

4. jimd909

jimd909 AllStar

Sep 30, 2007
    As stated previously, I'm checking from the HR-34. I know the client cannot see the HR-24.

5. jimd909

jimd909 AllStar

Sep 30, 2007
    Thank you. That did the trick. I know the technician had to reboot the boxes a few times.

6. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Not sure I understand. My C31 client sees both my HR24-100 playlists, via the HR34.

7. jimd909

jimd909 AllStar

Sep 30, 2007
    My client only sees what is on the HR34. I have something recorded on the HR24 and it does not see it. The HR34 does.

8. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Do you have WHDVR service active on your account?

If so, then you might want to double-check that you have HR24 "Settings, Whole Home, Share Playlist" set to "on" on the HR24. Also, might want to check that the C31 "filter by playlist" option isn't set to "local".

9. jimd909

jimd909 AllStar

Sep 30, 2007
    Wouldn't whole home be on since I can see the HR24 from the HR34? I checked the client, and it's filter by playlist is ALL. Still can't see the HR24.

Both the tech and tech support said the client will not be able to see the HR24. I don't know how some are doing it.

10. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Yes. That would confirm you have WHDVR service and the HR24 "share playlist" setting is "on".

Definitely sounds like a bug. If you haven't already, you might also try logging into your DirecTV account and reauthorizing your receivers. You can do that here.

They must mean a C31 can't see an HR24 on it's own, without being connected to an HR34, because HR34/C31 <> HR2x MRV absolutely works for many of us. If they understand you have an HR34 and the CSR you're talking to keeps insisting it shouldn't work, I would ask to speak to the next level of support. Hopefully that will get you to case management, where they can get to the bottom of it. It may be something as simple as an authorization snafu with your account.

11. txfeinbergs

txfeinbergs Legend

Nov 15, 2005
    I have the exact same setup as you, and had the exact same problem as well. I reset the HR34 and the problem was resolved.

12. Jason Drummer

Jason Drummer Cool Member

Oct 21, 2012
    C31 Clients will not see what is on the Hx24. If you have some that are, THAT is a fluke.

Just because your HR34 can see your 24's playlist does not mean that your whole-home is active on the 24. It could be active on your account, but may have not taken the hit on the 24. Try getting a hit sent to it.

a.) Push and hold the info button on your remote until the system info screen appears. Go to more info. Scroll down until you see coax network. If it says coax connected and still won't share... Chances are you have a goofy internal DECA. DVR may need to be replaced.

b.) If it says not connected it could be an intermit. problem and I would check the voltage on your AC plug. Are you plugged straight into the wall or into a power strip? Voltage can do some amazingly weird stuff to MRV.

c.) you can force a download on the DVR (DISCLAIMER! This has been known to delete playlists!) Reset the receiver and press 02468 on the remote when the tv displays the "Hello" screen.

There are a lot of things that can play with the MoCa (frequencies that MRV works on) network @ 475-625 MHz. Even the Hx24 itself. :lol:

13. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I think it does, otherwise the 24 would not be able to share it's playlist. The option would not be showing if WH service wasn't active.

That said, it never hurts to "reauthorize" receivers. That can be done from this page.

Ya. A reboot of all three boxes is a given. I may have wrongfully assumed the CSRs had you do that, but if they didn't, that would definitely be the first thing to try.

14. jimd909

jimd909 AllStar

Sep 30, 2007
    I did reset all the receivers yesterday after the tech left after someone here mentioned that. Still can't see recordings from the HR24 on the client. Only the recordings on the HR34.

I also did a reauthorization of both DVR's a few minutes ago...thanks for the link Steve.

15. Jason Drummer

Jason Drummer Cool Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Steve you were write. I miss read the post. Jim, I'm not sure what info I am allowed to post on here without jepordizing information copywrite rules from DTV. I can assure you that any RVU TV/ RVU Blue Ray Disc Player/C31 Client is not supposed to see any other stand alone Receiver. I've been training on the HMC and Clients for going on 5 months now. My "assumption" is that the 150MHz alotted for the C31 is only enough for the tuner. I could be wrong on the reason for why it won't work. Your installation tech should have educated you on the streaming limitations of the HMC.

***EDIT*** Went straight to the horses mouth at DirecTV. The non viewing of other stand alone DTV receivers is nothing more than software. There are "Plans" to resolve this issue in a future software update. So appearantly you will be able to stream from outside the Server. However as of right now, this feature is not possble.

Attached Files:

• RVU.jpg
      RVU.jpg
      File size:
      120.8 KB
      Views:
  16. harperhometheater

harperhometheater Legend

Aug 30, 2012
    I just did the same things with the same end results, still no HR24 recordings on c31.

17. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Hopefully what Jason heard is correct and it'll be addressed in s/w sooner rather than later.

18. harperhometheater

harperhometheater Legend

Aug 30, 2012
    OK this could be part of my problem. I scoured thru all the c31 menus and don't see this option anywhere! Please elaborate.

19. jimd909

jimd909 AllStar

Sep 30, 2007
    Thank you all for the helpful information.

20. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Hit the YELLOW button while the playlist is up, and look for "Filter by Playlist".