Whole-Home HD DVR Upgrade .. could this be an H24 upgrade?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by GCS, Jun 15, 2010.

1. GCS

GCS New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Called in to get the Whole Home service and was told I would need to go to SWiM and DECA. My work states the following

Whole-Home HD DVR Upgrade

Any chance they might be bringing me an HR24 as well?

I currently have an H21-700, and H20-100, and an H20-700.

I would like to possibly move down to just 2 HR24-500s and 1 H24. Not that it would save me any money or anything but 2 of the newer HR24s is probably more than enough for our household.

I am just trying to see if I need to just go buy them from solidsignal or if I'm getting lucky with one from DirecTV.

I am out of contract by about 2 years and they did not tell me I had to reup with this change -- thus I am guessing no new HR24 here.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Greg

EDIT - Also there is no mention of the internet kit on the work order but the lady did ask if I used the On-Demand service which I do.

Should I call back and make sure they add this?

2. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    The equipment you currently have is compatible with whole home dvr/deca (if you meant HR20-xxx instead of H20-xxx). If they can't get a box to work with deca, they might try another box, which might be a Hx24 model. If your current equipment works with deca, the only guaranteed way to get Hx24's is to order them from an online retailer.

:)

3. csterno

csterno New Member

Jun 3, 2010
    If it's not on the order chances are very high your installer won't do it. I'd call and add it if you want it (and you do).

4. xandor

xandor Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    I've been seeing postings where most people (myself included) are getting Hx24s when getting whole home DVR setup. It's still no guarantee, but it seems to give you better odds of them bringing one.

5. bratboy

bratboy Legend

Apr 5, 2008
    That's what the csr's told me back when I ordered the upgrade. Supposedly they use the 24's on all the upgrades but who knows. Call back to make sure they add internet bridge to the order, if you don't he might not show with all the parts and ask then for the local install office name/number and call them before the install to once more explain your only doing it for the 24 so want to make sure he's bringing one.

6. GCS

GCS New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Will do today.

Thanks!

Greg