1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whole Home HR22/100

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by MitchNY, Jan 19, 2013.

1. MitchNY

MitchNY Cool Member

Apr 26, 2007
    Hi,

I hope someone in the forum can help determine why my HR22/100 (Living RM) is not being seen by the other 2 receivers. I spent 3 hours on phone with DTV, working to add a DECA they sent to fix the issue.

Setup

Zinwell 6x8 Multiswitch
    HR20/100 Bedroom - Hardwired internet - Whole Home detects Den - 2 Sat lines w/B-Band
    HR20/700 Den - Hardwired internet - Whole Home detects Bedroom - 2 Sat lines w/B-band

HR22/100 Living Rm - Wireless w/Cinema Connect 2 Sat line w/b-band - * Does not see Den and Bedroom receivers

Steps
    1. Reset all receivers and router (No Luck)
    2. Installed Deca to input 1 using coax thru cinema connect (No Luck)
    3. Reset receiver would not find Sat (No Luck)
    4. DTV recommends service call
    5. Remove DECA all good
    6. Research this forum and moved deca to input 2 - No sat signal
    7. Ask Forum for help :)

Thanks

Mitch

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Well a DECA is not going to work as you are not on a SWM system, so let's forget about that.

To start, can you post the IP addresses for each of your receivers? I'm going to guess that the HR22 is going to be something like 169.254.x.x, which means it is not getting an IP address from your router. Can you also let us know what the lights are doing on the CCK?

- Merg

3. MitchNY

MitchNY Cool Member

Apr 26, 2007
    Living Room 192,168.1.105 (manually set IP) This is HR22/100

Bed Room 192.168.1.6 (DHCP)
    Den 192.168,1,7 (DHCP)

Lights on CCK Power, WLAN & Activity . CCK is connect by just Ethernet cable (No Coax)

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Perform a reset of the Network Settings on the HR22 so that it tries to get an IP address via DHCP. That will tell us if the router is seeing it.

Also, what colors are the lights on the CCK and which, if any, are blinking?

- Merg

5. MitchNY

MitchNY Cool Member

Apr 26, 2007
    I sorry the I did not indicate in my previous posts the Network status indicates Connection to Network and Internet.

I reset the network settings and the the receiver pull IP from DHCP (192.168.1.13). The receiver still indicates no other DVR's found

CCK Lights
    Power ON
    WLAN ON
    Activity Blinking
    Network OFF
    AP|STA OFF

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    You have gone through the menu settings of all receivers to make sure the lights are all green for sharing?

7. MitchNY

MitchNY Cool Member

Apr 26, 2007
    I solve the issue. :hurah:

I was thinking that the problem might be a wireless router issue. I did a Google search found lots of issues of media servers not being found when wireless.

I have a FIOS Actiontec router. Here is the post I found on verizon web site

Thanks to "The Merg" for the help....