Whole-Home Issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by HarryG, Jan 12, 2020.

1. HarryG

HarryG Mentor

Jul 9, 2007
    I am experiencing frequent Whole-Home connectivity issues with my HR-24/500.

The HR24 status screen shows Whole-Home DVR: Authorized
    NO network DVR’s found.
    When working properly it identifies Networked DVR (HR54) in family room

The HR-54 Genie status screen (when having Whole-Home issues with the HR24)
    Whole-Home DVR: Authorized
    Networked DVR’s: Living Room (HR-24) Sharing on, Deletion on

No Whole-Home issues with the Genie 4K client.

Rebooting the Genie (HR54) will usually restore Whole-Home functionality to the HR-24.
    On one occasion I had to reboot the HR24 after the HR54 to regain Whole-Home function on the HR24.

I have had this Whole-Home setup for more than four years without any issues. The problem began a couple months ago and is occurring with increased frequency.

A troubleshooting call to Directv resulted in a diagnostic test (no identifiable issues) and Whole-Home reauthorization. I was advised to reboot the HR54 and then the HR24. Neither reboot restored the HR24 functionality. A second reboot of the HR54 seemed to solve the issue at the time.

Is this a known bug that I have begun experiencing or is it a problem of an aging HR24?

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'd be looking at the 24-500. Once they start the trip south all kinds of things start happening. Easiest thing you can do is get the 24-500 replaced.

When you need to reset HRs to get them back on MRV you should be doing that sequentially. Start with one HR, boot it up and when the picture comes up reboot the next one. Keep doing that until all the HRs have been rebooted and they all should show up. Don't do it all at once.

Rich

3. gilviv

gilviv Godfather

Sep 18, 2007
    Miami, FL. USA

see the following link. HR-24/Genie keep disconnecting from whole-home