1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whole Home List Problem w/ New GUI

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by LGM2007, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Jan 7, 2018 #1 of 43
    LGM2007

LGM2007 Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Maine
    So since fba downloaded my C61K-700 only shows local list. My HR54 (server) shows whole house. Several reboots of each have not fixed this. Anyone else with this problem? Anyone with a solution? I scoured multiple sites but couldn't find this problem. Thanks in advance.

2. Jan 8, 2018 #2 of 43
    codespy

codespy The Pack is getting sacked!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    There's nothing new with this problem, it's been like this since I got my first C61K last February even while on the old GUI. I have reported this exact issue in the past. It's probably never going to get fixed either. Sorry.......

3. Jan 8, 2018 #3 of 43
    inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Have you checked to make sure it’s set to show all rather than just local?

You might try resetting to default to the C 60 1K. But realize this means you’ll have to reset it up.

4. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    This doesn’t make any sense. The C61k shows what is on the HR54 that it is connected to. It doesn’t have its own playlist

5. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    I'm assuming there's another DVR in the chain, probably an HR24, that's not populating on the C61k.

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    If all the whole home settings are the same I would then suspect the local moco rg6 network. You can run atest from the genie or hr24 that wii show a status screen of all connected receivers.
    Some one will post how to get to it I'm not able to right now.

The mini gets everything from the genie so your locsl network is blocked somewhere

Rich likes this.
  7. LGM2007

LGM2007 Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Maine
    Thanks for the help. I have been out of town so could not reply sooner. I have four HDRs including the HR54. The HR 54 'sees' all of the other HRs and vice versa. However, the C61K only shows the list genersted by recordings on the HR54. I have had the C61K for almost a year and had no problems until the recent update.

8. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    So, the 54 can see the other HR’s as you say. Are they also HD-DVR’s?

Also, when you go to playlist on the 54, is it set to local playlist or all? Sometimes settings get changed with software updates, but not usually that one.

9. codespy

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    In my setup, my C61K can see all recordings across the 54 and all my other HR2x’s, but it will not show any of those receivers in different rooms other than clients and my 54. This has always been the case since I first got it last year, and remains to this day.

10. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    My C61k can see recordings from my HR54 (which it should) and see my HR24. You want want to check your other dvrs and re check the see playlist across other rooms and reboot them

11. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Also if all your Whole Home settings are correct on all receiver - the check your COAX Network for errors or lose connections

Attached Files:

12. LGM2007

LGM2007 Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Maine
    So I tried a few of the suggestions in the white paper to no avail. I went back to the opd GUI and was able to switch filter on client playlist to 'All' getting complete whole home list again. I hope when the forced download occurs it will remember the filter setting.

13. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Clients don’t have a filter playlist option.

14. GregT

GregT New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Chicago
    I apologize in advanced if this was covered before, but I've been away from DBSTalk for a number of years.

This may or may not help with Whole Home with the new GUI, but I've had similar problems with Whole Home since an update to 0xd8f last Thursday morning on our HR54. I still have the "old" GUI, and I'm configured for manual IP addresses outside the range of DHCP for my router. Whole home was broken as the 54 could not see any of the other (HR24) DVR's in the house and only some of them could see the HR54. Multiple reboots did not fix it, but I did see one DVR for a period of time after the HR54 reboot, but it went away as the now playing list rebuilt.

A little background; I'm running the HR54 with a 6TB external hard drive. Before the update a reboot would take 15-20 minutes. Now a reboot takes 5-7 minutes, but the menu shows up as if it's a new DVR, and the now playing list is not populated. After an additional 10 minutes the menu would populate, and 5 minutes later the now playing list would populate. Very odd.

While checking the boot status I did have one of our other DVRs appear in the Whole Home status, but it quickly disappeared. After multiple hours with tech support over three days, with 4 techs, including one escalation engineer, he came to the conclusion that I needed a house call (at my expense). I quizzed him further and was stunned that he did not understand that my DVR's internet connection was over coax (DECA). He stated that I had to setup wireless or have an ethernet cable connected for internet to work. BTW, all indications showed that I had an internet connection via coax. For the heck of it, I grabbed an ethernet cable, connected the HR54, rebooted the HR54, and miracle of miracles, Whole Home was connected to my other 3 DVRs.

So I went around the house and wired the remaining DVRs. (FYI, each required a power reboot to enable the ethernet ports. I could not get a link light without pulling the power cord.) Now every DVR can see the others. We've had a lot of problems with the Whole Home connections dropping and coming back in 2-3 minutes, Especially on my wife's HR24 which she typically keeps 1 or 2% free so it is very sluggish with an external 2TB drives. So far so good for the last 4 hours. Fingers crossed. BTW, this finally go my wife to delete some content to get 9% free. Hopefully I can get her to keep it between 15 and 20% free to help with fragmentation and garbage collection.

FYI, I've left the DECA cabling unchanged. Also, Network Services (Settings, Internet Setup, Advanced Setup) using Automatic (uPnP) fails on every device with "Unable to start Network Services (818)" although most/all functionality works as expected. Manually configuring ports didn't work either.

Now if I can get the DirecTV App on my iPAD to register for DVR Access without crashing, I'll be a happy but frustrated customer again!

Good Luck,
    Greg

15. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Network services isn’t used anymore

16. GregT

GregT New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks for confirming!

17. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Yes they do. They always have and always will I suspect. I know they do with the new GUI, I’ve used it.

And that is likely his issue, it’s in a different place on the new GUI and probably needed to simply adjust it in the new spot. Either that or it was a bug.

18. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    The playlist optoin between local and all is I a new place on the new GUI. Go to the playlist. Chose manage recordings at the bottom left. Then go to the bottom of the list or manage recordings section and you will find the playlist settings there. It should be the first setting when you chose that section.

19. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've never seen the filters change unless I change them. I change mine often, never had a problem.

Rich

20. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You do understand what's happening to that 24, right? I put 2TB drives on or in all my 24s for years and kept them half full at most. Have/had no major slowness issues. The 2TB drives give us ~ 500 hours of content, fill them up and it makes it hard to play the content... and that's not all that will happen. I've lost HRs because I didn't take care of them...I learned.

Rich