1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whole home quit.....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by sticketfan, Sep 21, 2011.

1. sticketfan

sticketfan Legend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vermont
    Have 2 hr24-500 1 hr24-100 and a hr20-700 all connected. Had been working ok for last couple of months now last nite all receivers started being disconnected from network. Have tried everything from rebooting router all receivers, tried different ports on router, new Ethernet cable. Anything else I can try before I try ordering a new cinema connection kit? Also should I still be able to play thing from all receivers even if no receiver will connect to Internet?

2. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    Whole Home DVR will work without an internet connection.

:)

3. sticketfan

sticketfan Legend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vermont
    The playlists come up but when I try playing something from one of the other dvr's it either won't play, try's to refresh playlist or just disconnects the dvr from the network. Do I need to order a new cinema connection kit so I can get a new deca broadband adapter?

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I'd run the coax tests from one of your 24s, by pressing the guide & > buttons on the front panel.
    This should show the status/losses between DECAs, and the PHY MESH screen the bit-rates.
    Also check the LEDs on the DECAs, Are they all green?

5. sticketfan

sticketfan Legend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vermont
    lights all green on the deca broadband adapter. i thought i read somewhere that the deca broadband adapter can not be plugged into a surge protector strip, is that true? i just tried plugging it straight into the wall and now i get a internet signal??? just dont understand why i havent had a problem since it was installed around two months ago.

6. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    I'm not sure that's true. I think some of that comes from "don't plug it into something that may be turned off".
    I have most of my stuff plugged into one, simply because I need more outlets.
    Had you ever tried rebooting the BB DECA before?

7. sticketfan

sticketfan Legend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vermont
    phy levels are 37living room, node is25,bedroom is 38 another node is 27 and the receiver i am doing it on says n/a and it says dropped session count is o. any of this good or bad?

8. sticketfan

sticketfan Legend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vermont
    does rebooting it mean just unplugging it? i brought up the phy rate mesh and in columns 0-4 the numbers all read from 220-252

9. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    The tests show "good numbers".
    Rebooting would be simply powering it down and then back up.

10. sticketfan

sticketfan Legend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vermont
    ok thanks, i dont know if plugging it into the wall solved it or not but it is working now....i dont know...see what happens

11. Ddives

Ddives New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    This same thing happened to me when an ethernet cable was connected to any of the IRDs.

12. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Run system test whenever that happens.

Is your network supported (DECA) or non-supported (Ethernet)?

13. sticketfan

sticketfan Legend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vermont
    this is a supported system and has been working since i unplugged the broadband adapter from the surge protector and plugged it straight into the wall..

14. E91

E91 Godfather

Oct 7, 2008
    This is a total shot in the dark, and I hope you will forgive me if I am reaching for it without a lot of technical expertise. However, the symptoms you are describing are exactly what happened to me a few months after I signed up for D*. The problem for me was resolved when I set my HR24s up with fixed IPs. You seem to have more know how than me, so maybe you already tried that. But, DVRs getting booted off the system and then working after a hard reset (plugging and unplugging) is very symptomatic.