Why can't Dish get this stuff Right?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jaymz, Dec 4, 2010.

1. jaymz

jaymz Cool Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Had a faulty 622 replaced by Dish. Returned faulty unit as per Dish instructions (a week ago). Installed and activated replacement 622: all good! So, they know which 622 was taken out of service and which one is "new."

Get my bill yeaterday and find I've been billed for three 622s X $17/receiver. So now I've got to call and argue about this whole mess.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this matter? Or do you suppose they'll get it right once they process returned 622, etc. I guess what bugs me is that they KNOW the faulty 622 was taken out of service.

Thanks,

Jim

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    When you activated the most recent 622, did you deactivate the previous one?

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    If you didn't specifically have them de-activate the old receiver when you activated the new one... then that would explain 2 fees.

But... where is the third fee coming from?

The first receiver on your account should be free... so the only way you could have 3 fees for a 622 would be if you have a primary receiver + 3 more 622s.

So... how many receivers do you actually have now?

4. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Did you receive an email from Dish Network telling you they received the receiver you sent back?.I received one both times when I sent two receivers back(625&622) and if I remember right you will only have 10 days to return it or be charged full price for that DVR.:eek2:

I also make sure to make a copy of the return label for the information it has and also the tracking number.I keep checking the shipper's website so when I see they received it I make a copy and keep it in my records also.;)

Good Luck!.:)

5. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Ya, the real question is why would you be charged for three receivers when you have three and Dish does not charge for the first one....

6. jaymz

jaymz Cool Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Yes, I received dellivery confirmation from Dish on Saturday. I have a total of two 622s. Looks like I'm being charged for all three.
    Called them today, and they had taken off the returned 622 after they received it; verified I'm only being charged for one 622. They credited my acc't for extra 622.

All good!

Jim