About 4 1/2 years ago or so, I switched from E* to D*. Got an HR20 that for some reason just would not work in my installation. Went through 3 or 4 of them in the first few weeks with no improvement. They then switched me to HR21, which did work for the rest of the 2 years stint. But it was a tad slow at first and proceeded to get slower with nearly each and every 'update' that D* threw at it. When it got to the 2 year point, and I was at the 'throw the remote through the window' point, I switched to E*. After 2 years with them, and my adult son moving back home, I switched to D* last August for the NFLST free deal and made sure to get nothing but the latest and greatest, the HR24-500. Was tickled to see that even though they were slightly slower than my Vip722k had been, it was plenty fast enough in all operations. From my personal point of view, they should have not done diddly with 'updates' because everything worked and the speed and remote response was fine. Enter the HDGUI. At first it was slightly slower for some things but much quicker in the various lists. But then a few short weeks after that, and after a second 'update', things got slower overall, including in lists. But it isn't consistent. That brings us up to today. I'm not thrilled with the performance, but I have a few months before switching back makes any sense at all. But come August 16th of this year, my discounts drop off and if D* has not got the issues fixed to my satisfaction, I will be dropping D*. I'll lose Showtime Extreme HD and pickup BBCA in HD in the switch, and even with a $240 ETF at that time, I will save an additional $240 in the switch and have equipment that I feel will operate correctly. And that would be the Hopper/Joey, one of each will replace the 6 tuners I now have available, will be quicker in operation and have central management. And by August there will be enough reports on how it all works to make that call. Frankly I fully expect to make it. IF D* has the operation of the HRs up to snuff (solely decided by me), and if they are then willing to let me switch to an HR34 for a price that is decent, I'll stick with D* even though it would cost more than E*.