Why didn't record Doctor Who New Year's episode

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Steven D, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Steven D

Steven D New Member

Jan 3, 2019
    Hello. I just went to watch the DW New Year's episode and found my DVR didn't record it. Anyone know why. I checked and Doctor Who is on my record list.

2. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Is the show set the record only first-run episodes? If so, was that episode considered a new episode this year? If they re-ran a previous New Year's episode, a first-run recording would skip it. Sometimes, international shows will air earlier in their home country. When they air in the USA, the original air date doesn't get changed to the US air date, so the DVR thinks the episode already ran, even though it didn't. Do any of those scenarios fit this episode?

3. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    These are not the case with this episode -- it was a new episode that aired 1/1/2019 in both the U.K. and the U.S.

That said, my HR54-500 did record the episode. I'm not sure what could have happened in the thread starter's case. Is anything listed on the History screen for the episode?

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Yep ... it was a new episode, first aired 1/1/19. Dr Who did a new year's episode instead of a Christmas episode this year (and most of the action in the episode took place on 1/1/19).

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Do you have more than one episode recorded? I have the entire season. All show S11 E9-E1 except this episode. Just the title "Resolution" with no Season or Episode number. Therefore it is at the bottom of my list. So check there.