Why didn't the blacklist record?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cypherx, Apr 14, 2016.

1. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    HR44-500

The blacklist on NBC 10 Philadelphia was scheduled from 9-10 pm. It seems many weeks at least one program does not record, and tonight was the blacklist. Playlist says it started at 10 pm and its 0 minute recording. The only other recording at the time was Grey's Anatomy from 8-10 and 10-10:30 Lip sync battle.

Did anyone else have the same problem? We're finding this happening more and more. I stay away from CE on this machine because NR is buggy enough.

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It looks like it recorded on my 54, on NR.

3. prushing

prushing Active Member

Feb 14, 2007
    look in the history and see if it says why it didn't record

4. lgb0250

lgb0250 Legend

Jan 24, 2010
    Recorded fine on my 44 but this appears to be some type of glitch for sure. Several times we have had the same problem! We go into the list to watch something and when we click on it it shows 0 mins recorded. If you go into the history it will probably show "recorded" but that won't help you. Hopefully you will be able to pick it up On Demand. I accidentally deleted Blue Bloods the other day but was able to watch it a day later On Demand.

5. TimCoh

TimCoh Cool Member

Dec 24, 2011
    This episode was canceled because a broadcast update did not arrive in time. (13)

This is what my history shows when it fails to record.

6. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Do you think the hard drive is going bad? It's not the first time this has happened. I don't think 30skip works either according to my wife. she's just been using fast forward. She mentioned to me that the option to start over a show in progress never works either. The platform just seems buggy lately. Is a kw search for clearmybox in order here?

7. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I doubt any of them are HDD related. A double reset might help, but don't use the red button for that.

Rich

8. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    I have a hr34 that's been given me 0 min recordings, 1 hour recordings but only plays for 45 min and wants to delete and yet 90% of my other recordings are fine.

9. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    So in history it says 9 pm , partial and yet at the top of the screen it days it was recorded at 10:00p. Explain that one?

kW search clearmybox the same thing as a double reset right?[​IMG]

10. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Then the thing with the start over feature is that it says there was a problem connecting to the Internet. I click test connection and it says I can now access thousands of on demand titles , directv cinema, etc... Result code 88-865. Tv apps never come up, it says loading but no menu appears. Streaming on demand says the same thing about connecting to the Internet but again that screen tells me that I can now access all of that stuff.

Something is def. wrong with this box.

11. alnielsen

alnielsen Godfather

Dec 31, 2006
    ...- .....
    This is due to an error in Guide information. It's happened to me and I don't know any way around it other than setting up a manual scheduled event.